• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do you stow under the Driver's seat?

Pawnshop

First Aide Kit, shop towels, the padlock and chain I use to secure the door when parked, my POV keys, cigars and whatever else I don't want to get wet or dirty... that goes for both Deuces, they both have box seats

Varyag

I have a springer too, but in my tool box I keep 2 sets of fuel filters, oil, tire chains, jack, air impact, tire tools, air hose, zip ties, recovery chains and a whole crap load of other stuff that should be in there.

x-ray

The box seat is handy for storage. I have:

• Log Chain
  • Tow Strap
  • Fire extinguisher
  • flashlights
  • Jersey work gloves
  • ether
  • small butane torch (HF cheapie - but works well)
  • some basic tools (screwdrivers, crescent wrench, channel-lock pliers)
  • Cargo tie-down straps You never know when your going to pick up some free waste oil drum
  • penetrating oil - lubricant spray (CLP stuff)
  • sections of 550 cord
Yes - it all fits with a little room to spare.

In the tool box (with padlock)

I have

• a rubberized canvas /weatherproof backpack that is my "tool bag" with more tools and essentials like zip ties, duck tape, vinyl tape, electrical connectors, bulbs, etc.)
  • 12-ton bottle jack & 6x6 sections of wood blocks,
  • coiled airlines & inflator nozzle
  • 24Volt electric impact wrench
  • lug wrench
  • small first aid kit
  • Primary fuel filter
I probably carry too much, but rather be prepared than stuck.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I normally just keep myself in the cab. Everything else goes in the tool boxes. :mrgreen:

Darwin T

after the 19.5 hour A$$ numbing recovery drive home in my only deuce withthe box seat, i kept a note reminding me to get a spring seat. :drool: which i through away when i put in the springer. :driver:

boblester40

At the moment they are full of junk only picked the duece up two weeks ago , some oil seals rags random tools etc. Found a brand new cckw manual in the glove box which was nice as my co driver at the time is doing one :wink:

Akicita

I also have the springer seat.

I finally put the 3-drawer plastic cabinet someone gave me to good use when I put it in front of the passenger seat with the drawers pointing to the door. It fits perfectly and doesn't wobble at all. Inside the drawers are gloves, a few tools, bungie cords, chain, rope, stuff like that. I don't hear any rattling when I drive because the plastic drawers muffle the sound of dancing tools.

The cabinet itself weighs close to nothing and is quickly lifted out of the truck when I need that space for something else, or when someone comes along for a ride.

I don't have the measurements handy but you can find plastic cabinets like that at Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's and other store like that.