• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What do your neighbors and other drivers think of your CUCV

wayne pick

Hea SW, Truthfully I have no idea. I was a snipe and was only allowed to come up for air when we would start turning yellow. That whole COD trap thing was a total blurr, like some kind of twilight zone episode. On our final approch, you know, the big left hand turn, the seat felt like it was falling out from under me. The Nimitz looked like a tiny rectangle with white spots on it, ah yea they were aircraft:cookoo: right? Well we were falling out of the sky like a brick when BOOOOM we traped the 3rd wire, perfect they say. The only thing I can tell you about that aircraft is there was a boatload of rivets missing from under the wing and hydrolic oil was pumping out of the starboard strut. That is when I lost my legs. They hooked my bootcamp stiff seabag arround my sholder and dragged me to the island. It must have been halarious for them. Looking back it is pretty funny. Fair winds and following seas to ya!

RodUSMC1962

It drives me crazy to hear stories about you guys that can`t park your vehicles where you want on your oun property ,even though I don`t have the problem. I would do everything I could to mess with these people as much as I could if I was in your situation, just my thoughts. Hang tough.

wayne pick

Rod, They perceive us as ex military or militia nuts, but when the sh** hits the fan they will be the first ones banging on your door for help but sorry, we would have bugged out long before that.

My neighbors all love my trucks heck i have 5 Chevy trucks (2)m1008s Basically stock (1)Gmc sierra Shortbed (1)Chevy shortbed (1 Chevy silverado long bed The can always tell when i crank the red m1008 up it revs up and then idles down i usally get a thumbs up [thumbzup]the kids love the diesels which makes it worth while one neighbor smiles everytime im drivin in the driveway hes prior military so that helps hahah But the most important thing is my nieces love my trucks im tryin to get the red one ready to take both of them fishin this summer :]
[thumbzup]:grd:

buelligan68

When I first bought my 1009 a year and half ago my neighbor came out and told me that it was the eyesore of the neighborhood. My response was it's titled, insured and wasn't going anywhere get use to it.

WARWAG

I have two stickers on my tailgate. One says. "My God can beat up your ARAB Myth" the other one say "100% American Infidel". You all know what my plate says (see avatar) I get all kinds of reactions with 99.99......% Positive. I did have one obvious modern day hippie woman video tape or take pictures of my truck as I was going to town. I asked her at the next light if something was wrong since your taking pictures. She said no just an interesting plate. She was complete with Tie dye clothes and (gag) very BUSHY arm pit hairs. She took off and the plate of course was California. Im sure I am now on some Left Winged hit list. The absolute best heart felt Thumbs up came from an older man passing me on my left. I noticed he slowed down and was keeping pace so I looked over. He was in his 80s (Im guessing) and he had a big THUMBS UP! He then proceeded to pass me and he had a Purple Heart Plate. That was with out a doubt the best response I have had to date.

Last edited:

WARWAG

Almost forgot to mention. Last time I was home I had to make a run to the bank. When I came back out here was this older lady (80s again) and she asked me what all those bolts were on my wheels. I explained to here it was a dual bead lock rim ect ect. She was happy I explained it to her and thanked me.

GreggVA

Mine didn't like me before so it is hard to tell (and I really don't care). I do get the thumbs up from some older Chevy owners and military folks.

Mike68

I dont have nieghbors but I love the looks I get when I drive it. Its my daily driver. My friends are getting used to it. At first when I would pull up in it they thought the Guard was checking on them, They just had a tornado hit there home when I just got it.

cfish

LOL, I live in asmall coastal town in Eastern NC. About 18 years ago the yankees up north starting invading. Again. LOL. about 12 years ago we moved into a new golfing community made up of mostly retired Yanks who play golf all day long. They drive their golf carts all through the neighborhood. I drive my CUCV all through the neighborhhod as well. I tell them when they roll their eyes, its my golf cart. They tried having me park it somewhere other then my drive way but couldn't find anything in the bylaws that they could use. I get folks pointing their fingers all the time. I wave and smile and gun it!rofl

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't do anything to attract attention in the CUCV or the Deuce, but they do attract attention, especially when they see the daughter driving it.:mrgreen: Only 'problem' with the police is a local marshall. The state, parish (county), and the locals all give me the high 5 and keep on going. All but one of my neighbors like them...the crime rate for brakes ins has declined around here as well...go figure on that one.

Xed

I know the very first thing I am going to do when I get a Deuce is drive it to the Starbucks in Nashville by the college.

But hey, I live in bubba truck land, I might actually get compliments.

Last edited:

CCase

I know the very first thing I am going to do when I get a Deuce is drive it to the Starbucks in Nashville by the college.

But hey, I live in bubba truck land, I might actually get compliments.
I'm taking mine straight down the busiest and most yuppie-packed roads in Saratoga.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks