• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have I done?

jimm1009

I've found a similar solution. A back & shoulder massage, dinner, and then an offer to go to the local gardening center and buy her some compost, flowers, and other things to plant in her new or son-to-be-updated flower garden. Show her how "usuful" the truck is and you really have to have it for these things.
Help get her started and the you can sneak off to the truck out back. Be realatively quiet and bring her a drink from time to time and complement her on her "Beautiful" flowers (don't over do it or she'll get suspicous) and then sneak out back for a while again.
Offer to take her for a ride and if you dare, teach her to drive it.
Remind her that it is a "complex" vehicle so there should always be a co-driver onboard and that way she won't sneak off to Home Depot or Lowes without you while you are at work.
I just bought my second one and have to rescue it in the next week or two and I HAVE NOT told her about it yet. Talk about hot flashes!
I thinnking DEAD MEAT! I may have to sleep in the truck for a couple of days.
Seriously,
My hats off to you for the buy. I have been drooling over a winch but have not found one for the right $$ yet. It looks like a SUPER good truck.
Is Drexal Gardens the new name for Fort Ben Harrison? It used to be the Army Finance Center until about 15 years or so ago and since I don't live there any more I have not kept up but I understand that the state is taking it over for offices, ARNG, Boy Scouts, and other state agencies.
Think O.D. Green!!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
That is a fine deal and you should have no problems keep the RPM down it is a truck and they like to drive under 55. I would keep my eyes on the gauges and make sure you do a complete fluids check before heading out. Take a Credit Card because you will be buying fuel and maybe more. Discover is offering 5% back on fuel purchases.

My truck was very similar only I paid a grand more four years ago and drove it home with my hitch but no problems.

chicklin

I appreciate the words of encouragement. I've gotten over the initial buyer's remorse (that didn't take long), and now I'm just plain excited. Also, the wife is fine with it b/c I sold my M715. One in, one out, you know.

I submitted my EUC and driver's license today via email as scanned PDF's. Hope this is what they want. Everything was clear, legible and correct. The only thing I abbreviated was the state (MO) and U.S.A. as per the instructions on their website. Hope they are okay with this. I just got a PM from a guy that said he got his last EUC approved in 2 days, so I'm crossing my fingers. I have a second kid on the way, so getting this done sooner rather than later would be great.

54reo

Re: RE: What have I done?

chicklin said:
I appreciate the words of encouragement. I've gotten over the initial buyer's remorse (that didn't take long), and now I'm just plain excited. Also, the wife is fine with it b/c I sold my M715. One in, one out, you know.

I submitted my EUC and driver's license today via email as scanned PDF's. Hope this is what they want. Everything was clear, legible and correct. The only thing I abbreviated was the state (MO) and U.S.A. as per the instructions on their website. Hope they are okay with this. I just got a PM from a guy that said he got his last EUC approved in 2 days, so I'm crossing my fingers. I have a second kid on the way, so getting this done sooner rather than later would be great.
I would suggest that you follow this up with a phone call to GL.

chicklin

RE: Re: RE: What have I done?

Well, I got contacted by GL today, so they received my stuff. They said they needed the export letter. I was warned about that but I couldn't find it on their site and I didn't think I would need it anyway since I wasn't exporting (bring on the "I told you so" 's). Anyway, I got that signed and sent back, so I'm hoping we're good to go. How long does it usually take after they send the stuff off to the government?

I think the fact that I heard back from them already is a good sign. We'll see. I feel like I'm ordering from the soup Nazi. One small screw up and "no soup for you!!!".

jim-m35a2

Recovry4x4 said:
jim-m35a2 said:
I got my truck from Indy. Started right up and drove it home 313 miles without a hitch. Well, it did rain and I got rain in my face from every gap and crack in the windshield. It was fun though.
Bunch of rags under the seat of my trucks for stuffing in cracks. Deuces should have wipers on the inside too. Somebody removed the hitch from your truck?? LOL
I see Armyman drove home without a "hitch" so I guess that proves there is a "Hitch" theif out there.

I drove my Deuce through Indiana without tags. I passed two State Troopers and they did not bother me at all. This time of the year, just wear a green t-shirt and drive with your headlights on and you should not have any problems getting out of Indiana.

Jim
________
fat girl Webcams

Last edited:

chicklin

Good to hear the guys in Indiana are cool. I was planning on getting temp tags and insurance, so I think I should be good to go, even if I get stopped.

chicklin

Well, I got a letter from the DLA today. I guess this means I'm approved. That was quick. I scanned and emailed it to my contact at GL, so hopefully they will bill me and get my invoice out. I'm hoping to be able to pick it up this week. Woo Hoo!

Michael

RE: Good Deal!

I can't believe you got your EUC back so quick. I had one sent to battle creek on 7-31 and I am still waiting and it isn't even my first one this year.

Also, I think you did good with your truck.

chicklin

Re: RE: Good Deal!

Michael said:
I can't believe you got your EUC back so quick. I had one sent to battle creek on 7-31 and I am still waiting and it isn't even my first one this year.

Also, I think you did good with your truck.
I guess I don't officially have it back, but I think the DLA letter means I'm good to go. No invoice yet, though.

I hope I did well on the truck, I won it sight unseen. The only thing I could see was a little rust spot under the passenger fender. Also, there's no pics of the inside of the bed. They said it ran, but who knows, I'm crossing my fingers.

RE: Re: RE: Good Deal!

I had the same thoughts my first time.I was picking up two trucks.You do it a few times it goes away and you get in and drive off into the sunset.

chicklin

Another question I just came up with....if the pictures show a chain and lock on the steering wheel, should I expect that they will unlock it for me or do I need to bring bolt cutters?

Michael

You better bring something to cut it, I had to cut one off before. The GL guy didn't have a key or anything to cut with. he was the only one there and it was an unmanned site. I was lucky I had a hack saw and a friend to use it.

Tibby

Coming back on I-72? I'm just a few miles off of I-72, a little northeast of Springfield. Not a deuce expert, but could be available when you pass by. I doubt I will be able to own one, but would not turn down a chance to be in close proximity and maybe even drool over one . . . .

chicklin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Good Deal!

Tibby said:
Coming back on I-72? I'm just a few miles off of I-72, a little northeast of Springfield. Not a deuce expert, but could be available when you pass by. I doubt I will be able to own one, but would not turn down a chance to be in close proximity and maybe even drool over one . . . .
Yeah, we're going to try and come back via I-72/Hwy 36. I think we may have a cellular card for our laptop, so I will get in touch if I need anything. Thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks