• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

HASSON1911

What color code "green" is that on your bumper, the largest patch/driver's side of the black?
That is the color I think I want to paint my entire truck. Very nice work. thanks.
Home Depot - Base = Behr Premium Plus Exterior Flat, Matte Deep Base #4300

Colorant............. OZ... 384th
AX-Perm Yellow... 2....... 68
D-Thalo Green..... 1...... 16
KX-White............. 0...... 112
L-Raw Umber...... 8....... 80

Put the batteries on charge out of the new arrival (M923a2) and hoping for the best. GL slaved the truck to load it onto the lowboy, when I got to the truck at my buddy's yard, the truck's battery switch was on and starter switch was in run. Batteries dead.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can use any led lights that run on 24v most of them on the bay will. The reverse switch you have to get from allison I found one cheap online for my 923 this one I had to fork over 135 bucks for no one else had it but allison. I used a 24v bosch style relay & socket in the battery box activated by the reverse switch. The switch works on fluid pressure in reverse so it won't come on unless the truck is running.

Welder Sam

Are those the 18w 12/24v floods? I swear by them! 3 pairs on the camper and 3 individual lights on the deuce. Im planning to junk the 816 floods in favor of these. Eyeballing it, id say, these give very useable lighting for at least 50'.

Great choice of light!

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I think they are 18w they run from 10-30v they are pretty bright not so bad during the day but a little blinding at night if you are to the rear. I have a pair if whelen 6500 lumens each scene lights I am going to put on the front for driving lights. I have the trucklite led headlights I tried hella 7 inch h4 housings with 24v 70/75watt bulbs I thought for sure they would be brighter the high beams were good but the lows were useless.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have found LEDs work great for flood lights but not well for distance spot lights. I want to get a pair of hid pencil beams for the front there aren't too many places to mount them. You cant do on top of the bumper since the hood opens forward. I am at my max height so they can't go on top I have low underpasses by my work you can see in the pic the tire crane is off and I cut 5 inches off the exhaust top.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
image.jpg

Here are the trucklites on my 923 they are aimed down and the square lights are frc 4500 lumen scene lights they shine out and down they light up the road in front amazing and don't blind oncoming traffic they are made to be used as work lights on the side of ambulances or fire engines

Welder Sam

I agree 100%. Leds lose their effectiveness at distance.

Only suggestion i have for mounting them is to not rush it or just accept typical locations. Think outside the box, make them work where you want them, not just where its handy. If option "a" wont work due to height or hood folding, search out option "b&c". Creativity makes it unique and fits exactly what you want/need

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks