• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

TacticalDoc

upholster seat.jpg
Upholstered all the seats for 15 bucks. Just under 3 yards of material from Joan Fabrics and was on sale.
FYI the driver seat need self tapping screws.

joesco

Replaced the fuel filter 2 days ago on +ZEUS+ and after attempting to purge air in the fuel system (loose bolt on filter canister), I finally got him going, a big difference in how he idles and runs now. So I finally installed my step mod! WOW, I can enter and exit him without crippling my decrepit, old, 58 year old body!!!

Attachments

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Replaced the fuel filter 2 days ago on +ZEUS+ and after attempting to purge air in the fuel system (loose bolt on filter canister), I finally got him going, a big difference in how he idles and runs now. So I finally installed my step mod! WOW, I can enter and exit him without crippling my decrepit, old, 58 year old body!!!
At 58, your still pooping yellow
:73m819:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I suspect it will ride much better with a trailer. That's also why I'm looking for (and have found) a M105 trailer to make into a bed module. I'm also looking for a 5th wheel wrecker. Since when it comes to my trailers, I'll only be pulling them when I'm camping or if I had some large item to transport on the 871.

TacticalDoc

holy cow what size extinguisher is that hahaha. and did you have the fording data plate on yours? Love the mag light holder

thanks. The extinguisher came with the truck. I'm putting another one on it behind the cab. My truck is a M923 Marine. So, it came with the fording kit, lockers and set up for hydraulic winch

TacticalDoc

Where did you get the flashlight holder? Would it be possible to mount one sideways so the light could be pointed at the dash to make nighttime starting easier?
I got it from the ACE hardware store.
You can put 2 sideways/horizontal. But, it would be better to just wire a dome light.

Piper Cub

I got it from the ACE hardware store.
You can put 2 sideways/horizontal. But, it would be better to just wire a dome light.
A dome light probably would be better. I just need to come up with one that I can connect without having to drill into the hardtop and make even more cab leaks than I have already. I think I might try to find some of those holders anyway even if they just end up mounted in the garage. Thanks for the ideas!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks