• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Lonnie

If you want an easy/cheap dome light, there is an LED undercounter light available at Walmart etc. that has a self adhesive backing.
It is rather bright, & you just push to turn on/off.

Here are a few.
54991945.jpg

54991903.jpg

The small ones are about $7 for a 3 pack & the larger ones about $15 for a 3 pack.

My friends all use them on their side-by-sides as dome lights & they are pretty bright.
I prefer the larger ones for additional brightness.

MtnSnow

Dropped mine off to be Safety Inspected after getting the couple of dash lights (spring brake & low pressure) working and a couple of other bulbs replaced (front pass side turn signal) and headlight on drivers side (high beam was dead). Hopefully the inspector will get to it tomorrow and I'll be able to go get it licensed tomorrow or Monday.

Draco-87

Put the m109a3 box on the m923, It went smoother that expected! I had used 8 grade 8 bolts and bolted to the bed to keep it from sliding around and eventually I'll get chain and binders to secure it. The D rings are from a military hummer. Also I had taken the tool box off and bought a Garden trailer and bolted it to the supports that held the box on. bought a 7580 W generator and bolted it to the shelf. Installed an RV plug and did some wiring inside the box to run on land or gen power, Installed wood flooring and a small fridge. And as soon as I can I'll install 10 new G-177 tires. As for the ride, It rides SO much better with the weight on it. As for the height it's at 12 feet even, I was a little nervous about that.

Attachments

MtnSnow

Picked mine up from the Safety Inspection which passed with flying colors and the inspectors were all kinds of intrigued and impressed lol

Monday after work I will drop off the remaining paperwork with the DMV (the safety inspection & Vin/Serial # verification) and pick up my US.Army Veterans license plates for it!

Last edited:

TacticalDoc

Added another fire extinguisher. The jerry can holder was replaced because it didn't fit a jerry can with my ISO bed. Now I have 2 fire extinguishers. One 10 lb in the cab and one 20 lb out side.

IMG_0501.jpgIMG_0503.jpgIMG_0471.jpg

cx65083

3 months ago I siphoned the tank to keep the furnace running during the cold snap. Unemployement has been hard and I had to make short cuts and cut backs. dropping insurance and letting the plates expire on Big Green was just one of many such cuts.
While I still do not have a full time job, I've made a little headway and was able to put a few gallons in the tank. After a day on the battery chargers, and a shot of ether (with upper cyl lube) I got her fired off for the first time in months! Felt good to hear her rumble to life again.
Still can't afford to drive her, re-instate insurance or get plates, but it's a start. She's my anti-depressant!

machinist75

Removed the muffler and replaced it with a piece of 4" tubbing. Kept the top bent portion of the exhaust so that with the exhaust shield on you can't even notice it's not stock. Sorry for the pics, don't know why the aren't right side up. I don't remember laying down when I took them. :)

Attachments

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Actually it was last week, but I installed a new M939A1 series 58 gal. fuel tank, re-plumbed all the fuel lines with rubber fuel hose and replace the breather vent tubing with polyethylene tubing and brass compression fittings.

SDC12277.jpgSDC12278.jpg

TacticalDoc

Removed the muffler and replaced it with a piece of 4" tubbing. Kept the top bent portion of the exhaust so that with the exhaust shield on you can't even notice it's not stock. Sorry for the pics, don't know why the aren't right side up. I don't remember laying down when I took them. :)

how loud is it? I would think it would be better to run it out the back because of the noise

machinist75

how loud is it? I would think it would be better to run it out the back because of the noise
What did you say, can't hear you! Just kiddin. It's pretty dang loud. I didn't like the stock muffler because you couldn't hear the exhaust at all, now it's a bit too loud. I may run a small off-road muffler like I did on my deuce.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Managed to BREAK two wreckers, the good thing is that both are in the compound now though still hooked together with the tow bar.

Jakelc15

I got home last night from work, was there for 4 days straight. Pulled into the driveway and got stuck at the bottom. 2 feet of snow with a good inch or two of ice underneath. Had to chain up to get out today. The plow doesn't do anything with the ice. Also plowed the road today. PA doesn't do much with the snow, especially on a dead end road. I'll probably pull the truck up to the top of the hill and winch the Jeep up tomorrow. It'll all be melted in a few days I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks