• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

cx65083

Road trip!

I left Wisconsin Last monday after-noon after a full day of work and no sleep for a road trip to southern Georgia to get tires. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...n-rims-16-00r-21-10-lug-50-quot-tall-for-sale I found em at a GREAT price....just had to go get em. And since driving there/back was 4 times cheaper than shipping.... that's what I did. 1100 miles one way in 16-17 hours. ONE stop for a quick break at the Georgia non-welcome center. I say that because of a sign posted right after the welcome sign that says "no loitering". LOL
finally get to Columbus and get the Uhaul trailer and over the the steel fabricators that had the tires. 2 hours of wrestling seven (7) five hundred pound tires...yes you read that right, they are 500 pounds EACH. 3 stacked up into the back of my brothers Ford 3/4 ton HD with 7.3l turbo diesel. and 4 into the Uhaul trailer. Thank God for forklifts!
The rest of the day to get out of Georgia and over Mont Eagle down into Tenn.
was having trouble staying awake after 54 hours straight of little to no sleep and pulled off in Tenn. into a sleaze ball hotel room. 20 bucks you get a bed, a TV, a shower, a towel and NO questions asked!
over sleep a bit ( I REALLY needed it!) and finally hit the road only to finally arrive home Wed. night at 2 am!
I know it's Sunday now... But my brain is still a little mushy and my back is still KILLING me from unloading these bastards!
I'd post Pic's here shortly but I've been having trouble doing that lately?!?!?!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=605856972760907&set=a.605856926094245.1073741825.100000098303283&type=1&theater

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can see in thr pic I took a 4 inch piece of steel pipe painted it and bolted it into the corner. The retractor has to be vertical and parallel to the seat for the pendulum to operate properly I drilled a hole about 2 inches lower than the original bolt hole I had to spin the slave connector and move the positive slave lead back a few inches.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
-Finished up the "minor repaint (touch-up)" job this AM.
-Reassembled the repainted grille...rock guard, bridge plate, license plate holder.
-Re-mounted the air cleaner assembly.
-New rear bumper numbers and "stencil" 2" font "Hannibal 8" on both doors (vinyl decals) applied.

Now to reinstall the breather cap, intake rubber elbow, grille assembly and headlights.

Last edited:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I used a clay bar kit on my windows holy cow I can see thru them now. At a distance it looks like I don't have windows they are so clear.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reinstalled the breather cap, intake rubber elbow, grille assembly and headlights. Finished up all decal work and made some new magnetic boards for unit insignia and non-profit decals for the tailgate. If I didn't post before, I lowered the right/rear water can holder to clear the new marker lights. See the new paint, decal work and lowered can holder here...posts 42 and 43...

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...s-for-Hannibal&p=1357422&posted=1#post1357422

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI I put 2 new battries in it starts up great,just in time too am getting a 53' dry van trailer in this week.P4090007.jpg

Last edited:
Started cutting the 14' drop side bed to fit the 932. First couple cuts made. Just did the drop sides and bed floor for now. Will make final measurements and make the second set of cuts then will finally cut the frame rails.

DSCN1203.jpg

erixun

Took the truck to the local nursery and got some top soil for my wife’s flower bed for mother’s day- the cashier looked confused when I purchased four scoops—she told me that one scoop “would fill your truck up”… I just smiled, and she asked if I had a trailer to haul it with and I just smiled again and said nope, just my truck, and walked out. The final look she gave me was priceless- it said you are an idiot. I don’t know if she saw me pull away—with room to spare! Then I unloaded it by one shovel at a time…. I need a M929! At least my wife can’t say “what in the %&#@ are you going to do with that?” anymore!

AAAAdirt.jpg
AAAAdirt2.jpgaaadirt3.jpgaaaadirt4.jpg

Last edited:

Marcel

Took the truck to the local nursery and got some top soil for my wife’s flower bed for mother’s day- the cashier looked confused when I purchased four scoops—she told me that one scoop “would fill your truck up”… I just smiled, and she asked if I had a trailer to haul it with and I just smiled again and said nope, just my truck, and walked out. The final look she gave me was priceless- it said you are an idiot. I don’t know if she saw me pull away—with room to spare! Then I unloaded it by one shovel at a time…. I need a M929! At least my wife can’t say “what in the %&#@ are you going to do with that?” anymore!

View attachment 427684
View attachment 427685View attachment 427686View attachment 427687

You need an M51A2.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks