• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

zout

Spare is ON - started breaking down the removed tire and also found the valve stem check valve extremely loose - BUT the tire has been flat so many times and an issue with a cut - its lost all its intregrity to be used - Military Off Roads @John has me another 80% tread coming next week I will get picked up and mounted and back into the holder - whoooo hooooo get to use the winch one more time.

Did some clean up to both the doors - got the interior cleaned out - Deb did an electrical run though all the interior box systems for cooking etc etc etc and it was given a thumbs up. Gen and Shoreline both fully operational.

Gotta tell ya doing that spare by yourself - unmounting and mounting is an absolute task - and here Recovery 4x4 was yacking about having just to move a break drum around - go figure.
I am almost getting happy with the outcome.Photo2895.jpg

zout

Pretty much the last pic's I'll be posting as its nearing the end - that is unless I can finally come up with something cool I can finally do to it. Got it to the house to rinse out the 120 gallon fresh water tank - do some run through tests with the on demand hot water heater - shower - toilet and sink. Electrical was all opened up and made sure nothing had vibrated loose before putting power to it. Running on 50 am shoreline and generator at this time. I did fill all the tires yesterday after getting the one replaced and two of them lost 20 lb overnight - check valves on both sides tight - see no other leaks - the one removed I broke down and found no sealing ring in it ?? I do have the option of installing some Multi Seal that the military uses for punctures but have not done this yet - tires have to be off the ground and all air out of them and check valves pulled to pump it in. Will have to think about that one.

Final stages to prepare for the 2013 Georgia Rally coming up here really soon. Sure hope the pics have not annoyed anyone and some of you enjoyed them. Even some of you might "get" the DOT required reflective tape on the rear - the sides of the box still require it but wanted to get the water done first as its a rest of the day project.Photo2906.jpgPhoto2907.jpgPhoto2909.jpgPhoto2910.jpgPhoto2911.jpgPhoto2912.jpgPhoto2913.jpgPhoto2914.jpgPhoto2915.jpgPhoto2916.jpg

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave, you have got to be proud of that truck! No way has anyone been annoyed by your photos. You have been very creative with what you have accomplished.

zout

BTW - HELLO to a group of service personnel in Afganistan - the graphic folks (my son & his friend) whom made the graphics were contacted by a group of personnel from the sand pit to make their group some Wild Cat graphics for their (our) trucks to represent them. From what I understand they will not be very big - but I bet they will be like billboards to you.

They saw Jokers Wild and what they did and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate you liking it in your own way. They are going to cut the graphics for FREE and ship them for FREE to them and if they need help with some funds to cover them I get first dibs.

Dochowz - I was leaving the rest of the pics for someone to display from the Ga Rally here in a couple weeks - from their eyes what they like and don;t like about it - giving another ones perspective on the build. I am just way too prejudice :naner:

zguinness

zout, that is one good lookin' ride. I was wondering what's inside. Do you have any photos of the back?

Also, I know I've seen it discussed somewhere but what is the significance of the yellow duck bill again?

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No big woop...but I put the front drive shaft back in finally. I took it it out when I dropped my transmission to change a front seal and change a pinion seal. I left it out while I changed all the air tubing to make for easier access.

zout

I've got some straggler pics on some threads on SS - I just have no idea where to point you for the interior pics. The main thread I had on the build I removed a few yrs back. I know their not on my getting of the 923 and the changeover because It became a pissing match and I had that thread closed. But there are some on SS somewhere. If you cannot find them let me know and I will take a few - But I remember explaining with those pics why I put that box on that truck for. Biyitch getting old and forgetful.

AHHHH here ya go - post #66 this thread: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?110761-Getting-a-BMY-M923A2-titled-in-Georgia/page7

Last edited:

zguinness

After burning up a cheapo toggle switch, I finally got my 24-12volt inverter put in.

I found a replacement round mirror but when I got it I could tell it wasn't right. The mounting arm is off-set to one side and the screw hole is bigger. It was labeled as M923 but definitely not right.

zout

Simple thing done - hood graphics made and attached along with the TP decals - then headed to the garage - OH YEAH - that 72 Chevelle in the pic is one I restored end of last year till Feb this year for my neighbor - this is how my labor looks today - it has not moved - it has been gouged to pieces - it has become a trash pile.
Anyhow - here are the pics of the decals they madePhoto2920.jpgPhoto2921.jpgPhoto2922.jpgPhoto2923.jpgPhoto2924.jpgPhoto2925.jpgPhoto2926.jpgPhoto2927.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks