• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

archmark

Got around to checking what was in the battery box on my recently acquired M934. There were 4 brand new looking 6ML(?) batteries, all labeled "Shipped December 2013", so I guess they'd be considered "fresh", especially since the date code punch outs weren't nicked to indicate when they were installed. Now all I have to do is to remember to turn off the battery switch when I shut things down...

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Picked up an M109 box on a trailer. Unfortunately, because of the previous owners health concerns..

But it's going to a good home (mine), and it'll be back in tip-top shape in no time.

11537720_10206363373738404_6200308622613643243_n.jpg

AMGeneral

I fired up the M54A1 this evening and brought it down to the driveway and pressure washed it.

I'll be sanding and painting the cab back and replacement bed front before I install it.

Then I gotta take pictures to send to Jeepsinker.

General Hood

Drove the M923A1 40 miles to town (we live in the boonies) to get the O rings replaced on front wheels this morning. Midway to town automatic tranny started acting up, it would shift into second gear but not 3-5. Had to baby it into town. Got the O rings installed, but had a heck of a time finding a shop to look at the tranny. Finally found a shop willing to work on it so hoping it doesn't hit the pocket book too hard. I'm no mechanic, so haven't a clue what the issue is. Fluid level is good and no bad smell so hoping I'm not looking at an overhaul. Shopping around for spare parts and accessories for the beast :)

The HUlk

Nice looking truck. Photos small but looks like there are seats in the back?
There are USSC bucket seats with five point harnesses. The drivers seat has the same. It came with a 20' drop side ammunition trailer painted to match. i wanted to post more & better pictures but the site wouldn't take them unless I reduced them so small that they're not worth posting. If I can get some good advice on posting good photos I'll put some up to show some detail, the previous owner did a good job on it. This is actually a modified M931A1 and our first ever military or large truck. My wife seen it and made me buy it.
0-1.jpegIMG_3591.jpgSAM_8865.jpg0.jpegSAM_8898.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

machinist75

Got a little closer to my goal of replacing the #5 cylinder and liner. It's a PITA getting the rear most rocker box and head off, not a lot of clearance off. Thanks to Ray (86M1028) for the extra hands, and Laurel (Truckoholic) for the long distance phone support.

archmark

Installed a Solargizer, keyed ignition switch and battery cut-off switch in the M934. Also straightened out a bent fenderwell support bracket (you'da figured that the USGI wingnut woulda know NOT to step where he/she did) and also straightened the 2 bent rods on the rear door hinge assemblies so that now everything back there works as it should. Next week MAYBE the spin-on oil filter adapter, which means draining and disposing of 27 qts. of black gold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks