• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

my blood flows OD

I bought a duece bed last week.
image.jpg
traded that for a 5 ton drop side Wednesday and got her mounted up on my m-813 Saturday. All went really well thanks to a few really good guys, rich from merlow nh who I got the deuce bed off. I don't know if he is on this board but he is a real good guy.
once again to Matt "vintage iron" for hooking me up with the drop side bed.
if you are in the New England area and need any thing mv related give Matt a call.
You should see his fab work. Top notch stuff.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Now just paint the cab and bolt up the HEMTT rims and 16.00's.
Or I could put them on the work truck?

Attachments

Last edited:

wilmart01

Over the past few weekends, I upgraded my headlight system to 4 54W LED lightbars. I made these plug & play, using factory packard connectors and existing bolt holes. Bottom spot lights are low beams, click the floor switch and the upper flood beams come on along with the lowers with the use of a 50V diode from Radio Shack.
I sandblasted and repainted the front end and as of today, I'm nearly finished installing my train horns, all using factory packard connectors. Hornblasters Shocker 24V kit.
It's time to wake the dead!!

View attachment 610551View attachment 610541View attachment 610542View attachment 610544View attachment 610546View attachment 610548View attachment 610549View attachment 610550View attachment 610557

I like your set of lights,
look what I did with mine.

image.jpg

Ford Mechanic

Progress over the weekend, done with the rock! And 2 of the pens back up. Now to take the other 2 pens down to get the mats up and beside the others. Then re-work the top to fit the 4 joined pens.

ross165123

Had a leaking injector pump because some jackwagon didn't put a gasket back in it when they took it apart so I fixed that at the same time as I swaped out the #37 button with a #27 and why I was at it noticed my radiator was leaning to the side so I made some new bushings but ran out of time to install the radiator. Replace belts as well why I had the chance.
Ow yea by the way I also spent 20 min on the truck stuck with the radiator in my hands not knowing how to get it down. That SOB is heavy.

I was going to post pictures but I cant get them to load....:shrugs::shrugs:

Last edited:

gottaluvit

Hauled a load of firewood home today. The local sawmill has a firewood machine that cuts and splits and they feed it the smaller diameter logs that I suspect come from clearing pipelines. All hardwood and $50/bucket load on the front end loader. I use my 5 ton regularly, but every time I drive/use it I love it more. That Allison shifts like a dream with Valvoline Dexron III.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks