• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is there any harm in keeping it plugged in to long in temps this low?
Yea most block heaters pull 750 to 1200watts. When I was in montana i invested in two pad heaters for the batteries that pulled 20watts each to keep them warm. Then the block heater had a timer to come on at 5am if i was gonna head out at 7am.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

red

Josh

Got my M925 trans completely prepped for removal today. Only 4 bolts to go. My new transmission has been stuck in limbo on the freight trailer due to weather. Was hoping to drop and install today but that looks like a Monday or Tuesday job at this point. Only want to rent the jack once.
To get to this point the first time took like 8hrs but we had it done today in under 3. After you do it a few times, swapping the trans isn't so bad.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Got my M925 trans completely prepped for removal today. Only 4 bolts to go. My new transmission has been stuck in limbo on the freight trailer due to weather. Was hoping to drop and install today but that looks like a Monday or Tuesday job at this point. Only want to rent the jack once.
To get to this point the first time took like 8hrs but we had it done today in under 3. After you do it a few times, swapping the trans isn't so bad.
I just got the big harbor freight one for 300$ then took it bac when i was done.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Spyderman

I hate to say this but that amounts to theft! As a small business owner and someone with morals I just can't condone when someone needs something and they wont buy it but they will go to a store "purchase" something use it and they take it back. That amounts to stealing. A company in good faith sells you an item, nothing is wrong with it. You use it for what it is intended for. It works just fine. You get finished with it and return it in used condition and want all your money back. I cry THIEF! Your taking time and money from someone or some company. They took the time to employ someone pay them, put their own money out to buy the product. For you to return it and make them pay someone to do it. Then loose the money and still not get the money they have already paid out (wages). Then they can't sell it as new so it goes on sale for cheaper. Loosing more money. For anyone that does this I rank you right up there as some one that just goes to the store and takes the item without paying. But it this case it's even worse because you rub their faces in it. But hey that's just my 2 cents.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to say this but that amounts to theft! As a small business owner and someone with morals I just can't condone when someone needs something and they wont buy it but they will go to a store "purchase" something use it and they take it back. That amounts to stealing. A company in good faith sells you an item, nothing is wrong with it. You use it for what it is intended for. It works just fine. You get finished with it and return it in used condition and want all your money back. I cry THIEF! Your taking time and money from someone or some company. They took the time to employ someone pay them, put their own money out to buy the product. For you to return it and make them pay someone to do it. Then loose the money and still not get the money they have already paid out (wages). Then they can't sell it as new so it goes on sale for cheaper. Loosing more money. For anyone that does this I rank you right up there as some one that just goes to the store and takes the item without paying. But it this case it's even worse because you rub their faces in it. But hey that's just my 2 cents.
Thank you for that. I was formulating an appropriate reply and you spoke up first.

My short reply is that this made GOD's TOP 10 LIST.... THOU SHALT NOT STEAL.

Last edited:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I see it all the time at Home Depot, I am sure it going on all over.

MtnSnow

So all the other wrongs make this wrong Right?? SMH

I bought an electric airless sprayer to paint my M925a2 and when done I cleaned it up to where you would never even know it was used (less than 3 hours of use) but I still have it on the shelf in the garage to be used again some day....

lindsey97

Well I can assure you that the # 11 spot on God's list was claimed by the Chinese and their evil deception of tool production and quality, or lack thereof.

It is a shame what is taking place in this country, our lack of jobs, the lack of quality readily available tool stores, and our state of the nation as a whole. I blame the Chinese and their junk. I don't own harbor freight tools and will not, would rather do without. I understand why Simp took the jack back, the Chinese stole his job and he couldn't afford to keep his jack. They deserve a little salt in the wound from time to time. It is so sad that people think harbor freight is the only place to shop for tools and are not willing to pay for a quality item that their grandchildren might one day get some use out of.

I do not agree with Simp's methodology, but I think that everyone should look at the other side of the coin before flaming him.

Spyderman

This has zero to do with the Chinese. It is purely about theft. If you have to steal to keep your truck running than maybe you shouldn't own one.

Sent from my webslinger!

8madjack

Picked up a set of H4 conversion lamps for my 931a1 and one of those cup holders that I later found out you can get at Harbor Freight. :-D... I don't mind but if I buy a second one I'll get it there!

I also bought a drop side bed from the same guys and they're going to cut it down. I was planning on cutting one down myself or for what they will do it for it's worth having it done!

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Getting this thread back on track...

I took the wrecker out for a spin this past week to stretch her legs. I got a call from a friend who was trying to load up a Swanson's truck that was hit bad on the passenger side and refused to move so I went over to lend a hand. 14K was the empty weight of the truck and she moved it like it was a toy; roughly 8K on the front end. The wrecker is such a good truck.:mrgreen:

2016-12-13 12.39.38.jpg

86m1028

One of the problems of ours (not the chinese) is we are lazy & want the lowest price.
Well when price goes down so does quality.
chinese make cheap quality stuff & it SELLS so they make more, simple.
Hard to sell quality tools when people prefer to buy crap just because it's cheaper.
AND yes I own many different brands of tools but very very little harbor freight garbage.
Point is if America will buy garbage why not make garbage ?

edit & to stay on track
I bought a replacement bumper for 1 of my 5 tons & working on pulling drivers side fuel tank.

Last edited:

Spyderman

Getting this thread back on track...

I took the wrecker out for a spin this past week to stretch her legs. I got a call from a friend who was trying to load up a Swanson's truck that was hit bad on the passenger side and refused to move so I went over to lend a hand. 14K was the empty weight of the truck and she moved it like it was a toy; roughly 8K on the front end. The wrecker is such a good truck.:mrgreen:

View attachment 658931
Great job. I would love to get a wrecker.

Sent from my webslinger!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

My methodology for taking it back was that is was not safe to use again. The jack would not come down easily on it's own when you released the pressure off it's knob style release. The transmission fell off the jack several times. The top plate that is suppose to be adjustable would flop and fall forward almost 3inches when trying to adjust a small bit. Even with a strap on it the jack would become unstable and when you have any transmission, I don't care if its a 700R4 at 34 inches off the ground I don't want or need something moving around to a point to where I don't want to be anywhere near it while trying to align it up or put bolts into a transmission. The jack even resulted in an injury to a friend of mine when it wanted to drop suddenly and flop to one side. In the end it took 3 of us to get it all up and in there and manhandled into place. Next time I will just lift it up into the truck myself like its a bag of dog food.

Just cause I said I returned it when I got done didn't mean I was trying to scam someone out of anything. Everyone here knows that they aren't the best quality of tools when you go there. I had never ever pulled a transmission on a 939 and done it on the ground before either so I thought I would give it a shot. It is clear that the jack may get the job done in the long run but I wouldn't try to do it repeatedly with one. Especially not on these heavy things. Sorry I did not know that I needed to have the gracious opinion of someone I have never met to return something and be called a thief. Probably never need to cross that road. Anyone who had the remote clue about what was going on the replacing my transmission with the jack knows what was going on because I talked to them on a regular basis and not getting the opinion of someone who has or had no input in it at all. Not to mention it was not the same transmission going back into my 923 that came out so it was not a simple in and out procedure.

Maybe someone should ask me why I returned it when I said it rather than rambling off with their fingers on their own little rant thinking I was just trying to get one over on someone.. If you think that the big box store brands wouldn't try to get one over on you then maybe reality isn't in your future.

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well I can assure you that the # 11 spot on God's list was claimed by the Chinese and their evil deception of tool production and quality, or lack thereof.

It is a shame what is taking place in this country, our lack of jobs, the lack of quality readily available tool stores, and our state of the nation as a whole. I blame the Chinese and their junk. I don't own harbor freight tools and will not, would rather do without. I understand why Simp took the jack back, the Chinese stole his job and he couldn't afford to keep his jack. They deserve a little salt in the wound from time to time. It is so sad that people think harbor freight is the only place to shop for tools and are not willing to pay for a quality item that their grandchildren might one day get some use out of.

I do not agree with Simp's methodology, but I think that everyone should look at the other side of the coin before flaming him.
I guess lucky for me that I have no belief in any sense or the other. If it is your day to go it is just it and where you go you go. I am not to worried about it or whatever rule number I fall under in all honesty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks