• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

red

I can get you one like it no Springs all foam and stainless nuts and bolts with marine plywood and extra strength nylon vinyl, 200.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Will be awhile before I mess with it. Gotta finish the airbrake conversion, detroit locker, dog bones, hydraulic kit, tool/welding m103 trailer, and setup the m51a2 remains as a trailer first. All things I have the parts for just haven't installed yet.

parklandtrans

WSUCOUGAR,
When you get her home..??...where is she at now and do you need help bringing her home..??
For the most I am what you might "Local"...let me know if you, a fellow Steel Soldier needs any help at all..!!
Bob Huke
1-253-225-0441

red

Ford Mechanic

My 923 has been upgraded to daily driver status for the next 2 weeks. Sending the wife's DD out for paint work so she's driving mine.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

twisted60

Little project finished, from 2 broken bolts on thermostat housing to all sealed up with no leaks,,,only 2 full days of drilling, welding, cussing, praying and several trips to parts house for hose, antifreeze, drill bits (that I broke, which caused the cussing).
But shes back together and ready for Titusville.

Thanks to all those who sent helpful ideas.

twisted60

First milestone for me, crossed 5000 mile mark on my M923A2, so far so good, only minor issues so far, hoping for another 5000 "worry" free miles.

Also today took part with local MV group in St Patricks day parade.

IMG_3224.jpgIMG_3225.jpgIMG_3226.jpgIMG_3227.jpg

Was a blast, plan on doing more. Good for community spirit, they loved the MV's.

bigsix

well i finally got my parking brake to let go .somebody put a cutoff valve on the service glad hand and it was open . so i thought '' hey ill close it so i dont loose any air''. well that wont let the brakes turn loose. they obviously dump through that line.:whistle:.so i opened it back up and everything works again. but im leaving it on there for an anti theft device. If youmdont know to open it ,you aint leavin with it.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Installed New 395 XZL's on LMTV wheels. Runflats still installed. Rides better than it did by far. Installed new pickup tubes in both of my tanks as I was only getting 62gallons of draw out of the tanks. Very aggravating to run a long ways and end up running on fumes and it only takes 120gallons to fill both tanks. So there has to be some extra fuel some place that isnt getting picked up. Mine are now sitting at bottom with the angle cut in it. Will see how it does tomorrow. Also had to replace some fuel lines that were collapsing 20170312_151849.jpg20170310_191942.jpg//cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58c6108f7a771/20170310_170320.jpg?

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

71DeuceAK

Wes, I'm just curious as a newbie, isn't it not always necessarily a "bad" thing having poor pickup? I'd think it could alleviate sucking sediment/junk into your filters, it would naturally settle to the bottom of the tank and stay there. Of course I'm sure a rough drive on a dirt road could stir it up, but still...

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Using commercial diesel it is pretty clean and doesn't have alot of junk on it. Most of the places i fuel up at have filters right on the nozzle hose. Plus i clean my tanks every 6 months anyways.

Leaving almost 40 gallons of fuel in the tank that you cant burn is wasting money. When i ran a 55 gal extra tank i could draw 49gal of it. That was nice. Even if i leave 5 or 10 gal in each tank. That other 20 to 30gal is an extra 2hours of drive time at 60mph

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'd have to agree here. Having fuel you can't use is useless, just more weight to carry for no reason. The filters are there to make sure junk doesn't get to the motor.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks