• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Did you ever consider making a set of ramps to go from the front of your trailer to the back of the truck, or moving your trailer ramps up after you have the vehicle up on the trailer?
My old ramps will do it. They are just heavy and aluminum ones that long to support up to 10,000lbs won't be cheap

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk

I installed the cab light some time ago but never got around to showing it off, it works great. Also installed hazmat placards on all four sides, in case I ever find enough ammo cans to put together an ammo transport display.

Today I installed the first half of the steering column mounted hand air brake system from an M818 onto my M813A1. I installed the lines from the firewall to the hand brake to the fitting that goes through the firewall into the engine compartment. The next thing will be installing the line from there to the valve that I got off the M818 frame to replace the one already on my M813. It is all part of my project to haul an M373 on my XM200A1B1 fifth wheel converter dolly behind the 813.

Attachments

twisted60

Not so much what I did to my 5 ton but what I did with my 5 ton today, I took part in a veterans appreciation day put on by Cindy Ploof at Little Manatee Springs, this was the 12th annual event she has put on, there were 4 WW2 Vet's in front row of pic, Korean Vet's and Vietnam Vet's there. The Cadet Honor Guard put on a display and helped out. A local MV group heard she wanted MV's as static display and put in on their calendar as a FYI, I belong to this group also and when I saw the note I contacted Cindy and arranged to show up.

Hats off to Cindy for all her dedication to the Vet's in her community.

fullsizeoutput_ea9.jpgfullsizeoutput_ea1.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks