• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A canvas tarp over the hood with a torpedo heater works wonderful for out here, it's what I did on my other semi. Wonder how well the diesel fired heater would absorb driving 40 mph down river rock covered road that washboards after each rain for 50 miles. Got a link for the diesel heater in place of the other one I like to take a look and see what I can design or if I can buy it.
It's in that ebay listing

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
A canvas tarp over the hood with a torpedo heater works wonderful for out here, it's what I did on my other semi. Wonder how well the diesel fired heater would absorb driving 40 mph down river rock covered road that washboards after each rain for 50 miles. Got a link for the diesel heater in place of the other one I like to take a look and see what I can design or if I can buy it.
This is a diesel fired heater that replaces your stock heater box on the truck. Uses diesel to burn instead of using the engine coolant.

Not a diesel fired heater to warm it up.

5TID

Oh wow how cool, guess I will whip the credit card out, I need one.
I just put mine on from him, works and looks nice. I would also recommend heated seats, they make a world of difference.
IMG_20221106_114542.jpg

I did order some black anodized button snaps to replace the silver ones that came with the kit.

Also, here is the seat heater kit I installed:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Oh wow how cool, guess I will whip the credit card out, I need one.
For the heater

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Alright this a a heads up to anyone owning one of these rigs in extreme cold in regards to the air brake system. Reason the air compressor on this M939A2 blew a head gasket is a design flaw in the solid line that goes down the frame rail.
Anywho reason my blew and others will blow with a healthy system is between the compressor and the air dryer is the air compressor discharge line mounted on the frame rail. If you crawl under your 5 ton you will see a bend in it, what happens is moisture builds up and collects there. As temperatures drop ice builds up there instead and partially or full blocks the line there, you will see regular PSI, but in reality on the other side of the blockage is 150 PSI plus when you start driving and kablooey it goes as you get it up to 2k RPM.
My advice to fix this and fail safe it is, tee in a pop off valve (150 PSI) between air compressor discharge solid line and the braided line and fabricate a straight line on the frame rail.
It does this with soot and oil from the compressor. It clogs up in the bends

Ajax MD

Took the M813 out for her monthly maintenance jog. She go real good.

I drove longer and farther than normal. Running through a manual gearbox is cathartic. Driving the Lezburu to work every day is a soulless exercise.
Anyway, the truck is flawless. All fluids good, brakes are excellent and it takes 8 hours for the air system to bleed down to the point when the alarm would trigger when the truck is parked.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
It takes exactly 1 can of Kroil, 87 cuss words and 6 5.0 Milwaukee batteries (darn people don’t know how to grease their nuts!) to change 10 ndts and 10 g177s between wreckers. The new 816 made its way home and the 543a2 is getting picked up to head to its new home tomorrowIMG_0500.jpg
IMG_0501.jpg
IMG_0502.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks