• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your 5 ton this week?

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you just use your bottle jack and lift it up just a minimum to where the the wheel is loose on the studs, you can just walk the wheel right off and roll it over and lean it up against the truck you won't need all that cherry picker business

The Jack stands you're trying to use are way too tall in my opinion, the bottle jack should hold it just fine while you do what you need to do don't stick your hands underneath it

If you don't like that or have safety concerns I'm sure you got a stump or some blocks of wood or something around there you can shove under it

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alas theory and practice don't always lineup, will have to jack her up about 7 inches to use this method. How much of a hassle is it to singlehandedly manhandle one of these into place? It didn't seem that heavy getting off the pallet and rolling around.

20240727_180906.jpg

jcollings

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's easy just put it on the ground roll over to the truck keep it balanced and lean it against the Hub studs, slowly Jack up till you get a thread and put it in place. get it on there you're done. You can also use a long bar underneath to pry it up to get those studs in place.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed the front tires yesterday.
The left front wheel had dry-rot in it so had to replace both wheels.
Was easier than I thought, no shmancy tools just a jack, an impact wrench and a lot of penetrating oil, only took about 15 minutes per wheel. The hammer mentioned in the tools photo was used to set the other wheel, which I didn't tape.
Here's a 3 minute video set to a familiar theme.

1 Tire ChangeTools.png

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I changed the horn solenoid still no clunk or Horn. Pulled out the horn button being very careful not to deploy the airbag lol. The steering nut is all rusty I’m thinking a new nut and horn button might fix it if not I’ll get a hand held air horn.
A bicycle squeeze horn clamped onto a mirror bracket is an OEM option ! ;) :D

hgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn’t think of that horn, one with Cookie Monster on it. I did get it fixed replaced horn button etc in steering wheel. But I got a puzzling thing going on. I fixed some brake lines added the remote reservoir to keep an eye on fluid, bleed the brakes all wheels. All good toped off the reservoir took it for a ride brakes put you through the windshield. Did couple laps around back roads, parked it next time went out the reservoir was empty. I’m thinking leak I crawled all over under around checking for leaks nothing is dripping or wet. So I refilled the reservoir and drove it some more was working on a coolant issue. Any way the reservoir was full. Tonight I went out to put the batteries on charge and glanced at the reservoir it’s half empty, I looked all over again nothing. I’m lost on this one. Is it possible it’s still working out air Somewhere? Any ideas on what to check. Thanks guys.

Wreckclues

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Found my new favorite toy...
No hammering away at the tire to break the bead just brrrrt, brrrt and she's off. Also loosens the ring.
Now I have to walk the ring off.
This is a Vevor, the model is pretty much standard with all manufacturers.
Hardest part was starting the first break, getting the claw to grip in the bud hole, once started the rest were easy.

BeadBreaker.jpgBeadBreaker2.jpg