• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durango_USMC

Paid for, took delivery, insured (will be looking for a new insurer but its legal for now), and drove for the first time. Got a new tailgate (well, its a GMC but it fits and works and s in good shape), new shackles (need retaining pins), found out I still have rifle mounts, did some more parts shopping (more goodies next week). Got a few plans to do a few other things to it if I get ambitious enough.

I'd like to thank 2002ford for getting me on the road and indy4x4fab for helping me source parts.

Last edited:
Finished fabbing up some rear seatbelts.. checked all fulids, lights, fuses, etc....

Had alt 1 rebuilt... again..... had to spend another 84.00 to have it done, because my order placed on Jan 2 from cucvelectric.com is still MIA... and Im pressed for time to be 100%mission capable by friday night... only to find out.. something is Jacked up with Alt 2 AGAIN... its overcharging the batts at 30volts... this is the 2nd time in over a year, ive had to get both of these #$#%^# rebuilt.... with.. I know, less than 3 tanks of diesel ran through it... Im not a happy camper... aua

shorad93

Upholstered my M1031 Bench Seat this weekend. Stripped out the old and installed duplicate fabbed using leatherette (simulated leather). P1180147.jpgP1180149.jpgP1190152.jpgP1190154.jpgP1190156.jpgP1190158.jpgP1190160.jpgP1190162.jpgP1190165.jpgP1190167.jpgHad to dpo some scraping and sanding to remove rust from the frame, but in the end, very well worth it.

Durango_USMC

Put it to work with a few runs from the harware store. It has a few issues I'm noticing... there is a turnsignal bulb chilling out inside the housing of the driverside turn signal havent checked if it was operational or not yet. No high beams (not sure if thats normal), voltmeter is still dead as a door nail and hoping thats why the Gen 2 light doesnt come on when the Gen 1 light does.... Been reading the TMs... alot. It could use an alignment as well.

Oh and took the GF for a drive, she said she was missing her mossy oak hat to fit right in and called me a hick.

Put it to work with a few runs from the harware store. It has a few issues I'm noticing... there is a turnsignal bulb chilling out inside the housing of the driverside turn signal havent checked if it was operational or not yet. No high beams (not sure if thats normal), voltmeter is still dead as a door nail and hoping thats why the Gen 2 light doesnt come on when the Gen 1 light does.... Been reading the TMs... alot. It could use an alignment as well.

Oh and took the GF for a drive, she said she was missing her mossy oak hat to fit right in and called me a hick.

Using your avatar label.... Need to explain to the GF it's "Colonel" Hick and she better snap to attention when she calls you that....LMAO... Thats what i did.... looking back.... Wondering if that was reason i found myself on the couch for a week...

Durango_USMC

Using your avatar label.... Need to explain to the GF it's "Colonel" Hick and she better snap to attention when she calls you that....LMAO... Thats what i did.... looking back.... Wondering if that was reason i found myself on the couch for a week...
We already have seperate rooms so... good chance that might be worth it! We work seperate shifts so I dont think I'll be on the couch anytime soon. Now I need to find out where the truck is leaking :???:

BTW Nice looking truck! I'm still figuring out what to do for a winch mount on mine.

richingalveston

Got the new Trail Worthy Fab recentered 12 bolts with rock rings and 37 inch tires installed today, I am going to have to trim the front of the front fenders just a little bit but I think thats all that will be needed. I am going to get the tractors out this weekend and check it with full movement. Two tractors both with front end loaders so I will be able to get some really good off camber pics and be able to check the full range of motion on the suspension.

Attachments

richingalveston

The new wheels and tires really make it look good. I had the 5 inch lift with the stock 1008 tires and it really bothered me. It bothered me so much I had to blow a bunch of money on the new wheels and tires. I feal much better now. LOL

Thanks, it is still in the works, I can only hope it will look even better when I get the rock sliders built with custom steps and a rear tire carrier. These tires are way to big to go in the back.

Durango_USMC

Still looks good. My little M1008 has a long ways to go. Are you planning on doing a winch at some point? I'd like to put one on mine, I just cant figure out how to mount it. Maybe I do need that welder....

richingalveston

I actually bought a wench from another member while on my road trip. 12000 lb mile marker. I plan to put a 2 inch receiver hitch on the front frame mounted behind the bumper with the end sticking out of the center of the license plate holder. I will get a mount for the wench that uses the 2 inch receiver. I also plan to put a uhaul 2 inch receiver in the back so I can move the wench from front to back. I have a couple of flat bed trailers that will get receiver mounts and a battery box mount so I can use the one wench for all of my needs.

so to keep to this thread. Another thing I have done for my CUCV lately is I bought a wench, just need to do all of the other stuff so I can use it.

Got the new Trail Worthy Fab recentered 12 bolts with rock rings and 37 inch tires installed today, I am going to have to trim the front of the front fenders just a little bit but I think thats all that will be needed. I am going to get the tractors out this weekend and check it with full movement. Two tractors both with front end loaders so I will be able to get some really good off camber pics and be able to check the full range of motion on the suspension.

Looks good!.... ! forgot how they look clean...

zaxcucv

I actually bought a wench from another member while on my road trip. 12000 lb mile marker. I plan to put a 2 inch receiver hitch on the front frame mounted behind the bumper with the end sticking out of the center of the license plate holder. I will get a mount for the wench that uses the 2 inch receiver. I also plan to put a uhaul 2 inch receiver in the back so I can move the wench from front to back. I have a couple of flat bed trailers that will get receiver mounts and a battery box mount so I can use the one wench for all of my needs.

so to keep to this thread. Another thing I have done for my CUCV lately is I bought a wench, just need to do all of the other stuff so I can use it.
I don't think you should talk about "buying wenches" on this forum! :)

Danger Ranger

Yeah...wenches don't like being bought and sold...though they love having things bought for them...
wenches don't like being moved around all the time either...sometimes they want some control...
It is probably in your best interest to only have one wench for all your needs. Too many and they will all be upset....then so will you.
I also do not think that your wench will enjoy being mounted on your CUCV. It can get cold out, and she will freeze.
Do not, I repeat, do not tell your wench she is 12,000 lbs. Death or serious injury may occur.
Keep that in mind and you'll be fine.

:burn:roflroflrofl;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks