• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsh4364

after reading richs post went looking for a multi positional wench,had no luck at all ! got slapped a few times so i gave up and installed new hydrobooster,master cylinder ,calipers, pads, and completely changed all brake fluids...much better..8.99 for 11oz. dot 5 ? by the way rich that truck is beautiful...

Last edited:

richingalveston

Thanks for the compliments, it has been a lot of work but I enjoy it. I do need to get some kind of spell check working on this computer.
I realized the error after I posted it.
Thats ok for the jokes, I thought it was funny also.

hope to get the gauge cluster finished this weekend.

Vhyle

I have to repair the wiring on my taillight for the THIRD time now, because my stupid-ass ****ing dog keeps going under there and chewing the wires. Among everything else outside the house that isn't food. She's pissing me off.

wayne pick

imagejpeg_2 (5).jpgI brought 1420# of sheet pile to the scrapper this morning. The gross was 8300#. Tare was 6880# with a half tank of fuel. I didn't think the truck was that heavy unloaded. I got $119.00 for #1 unprepared steel. I should have cut it up into prepared lenths and got more money for it.

00Buck

Been having trouble with a Gen1 light not illuminating when I turn the key. After reading your posts, I got curagious and removed the instrument cluster. Cleaned all sockets, replaced bulbs, cleaned circuit sheet and successfully reinstalled it. The voltmeter still only works when you tap the face, but that is for another day. Also tried to clean the alternator connections, but the plugs are so full of gunk, I think they need to be replaced. By scraping the area I could reach with a small screwdriver, I managed to get the charging to the front battery up to 14.49.
I was so excited when I first got this truck last fall because of the look and low miles. But soon freaked out and wanted to sell it because I didn't think it would be a reliable daily driver. As I read more and more, I am finding more comfort in knowing that my 87 M1028 is easy to work on and just as reliable as my Jeep TJ was. Thank you for all your knowledge and willingness to share it.

MarcusOReallyus

Been having trouble with a Gen1 light not illuminating when I turn the key. After reading your posts, I got ......

Welcome aboard! :beer:

But if you post with that nasty little eye-killing black font again, seventeen Lithuanian midgets are going to come to your house and thwack your left kneecap with small wooden spoons! aua

Seriously! :shock:

:mrgreen:

00Buck

Don't know why the font turned out that way. Thanks for the intel on the seventeen Lithuanian midgets. If I respond from prone, I can save on ammo. Sorry for that.

Last edited:

HoJoPo

I have to repair the wiring on my taillight for the THIRD time now, because my stupid-ass ****ing dog keeps going under there and chewing the wires. Among everything else outside the house that isn't food. She's pissing me off.
My dad had a dog that did that, chewed his rear lights out on a '74 Dodge W100 short narrow box multiple times. The dog only stopped chewing on wire when he chewed through a plugged in zip-cord type extension cord (the one with three outlets in the molded on end). Left scorch marks on both sides of the dog's mouth, but he never chewed on wiring again!

chief1983

You might try putting some cayenne pepper on the wiring. Maybe mix it with a raw egg and spread it on the wire? Messy I'm sure, but probably less harmful to teach the dog that way than waiting for him to chew through a welder's 220V plug or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks