• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunderliggur

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately?

Fixed the driver side mirror holding. Put a small piece of rubber under the clamp. 3 days and about 12 door slams later and it is still in the same place. Pics when I do the passenger side.

forest522

Fixed the driver side mirror holding. Put a small piece of rubber under the clamp. 3 days and about 12 door slams later and it is still in the same place. Pics when I do the passenger side.
That is one of the classic issues with Chevys of that day! I've had to tighten and add rubber so many times...grr

i also found that keeping some bicycle inner tubes were useful. I've sliced them open and cut to length as needed for things like wrapping around the mirror bracket. I also used a long piece to hold the rear window glass in the metal channel. Works like a charm.

hunderliggur

Mine were 100% tight. Took it apart, added some shower pan liner, and reassembled. Works like a champ. Need to remove the star screw on the cover to gain access.

max1008

tightened my mirrors last weekend. best thing ive done to the truck since i bought it! i even added a little blind spot mirror on the pass mirror.

rsh4364

installed jatonka wintercover finally, wish i had done it months ago, great quality,lot of work went into this cover,truck runs much better warmed up quick, and looks good too...Thankyou Jatonka..

hunderliggur

More like done with, pulled my 5000# Bobcat out of the mud after my farm helper got it stuck today. First chance to use 4x4 since I got it.

Vhyle

I got the new pump push rod in, and now the truck runs. But it looks like I have a few fuel injectors that are leaking. Eugh. I'm guessing the increased fuel pressure caused them to show?

I cracked the injectors a while ago to bleed out the system, but I tightened them up and I'm still getting leaks.

scottladdy

Leaking injector fittings

I got the new pump push rod in, and now the truck runs. But it looks like I have a few fuel injectors that are leaking. Eugh. I'm guessing the increased fuel pressure caused them to show?

I cracked the injectors a while ago to bleed out the system, but I tightened them up and I'm still getting leaks.
Diagnosing this issue would make a great separate thread. Would make it easier for someone else to follow your issues and learn from your experience than multiple separate posts here I think.

The lift pump does not produce the pressure seen by the injectors. It provides an initial lift of the fuel to the IP. The IP provides a measured amount of fuel to the injectors. This is very high pressure. You may have cracked fittings or introduced dirt when you cracked the fittings open.

At minimum, take a look at the fittings on the leaking injectors. See if there is any dirt under there. Clean them good and inspect for cracks. Basic high pressure plumbing stuff.

CA_LEO

It has been a long day. New Bosch glowplugs installed, resistor bypass, new glowplug temp sensor, new coolant temperature sensor, new glowplug relay, dash wiring cleaned up (definitely the most time consuming part), cleaned all the power busses and put some no-ox on all the connections,and I installed a voltmeter to monitor the output to the glowplugs (thanks antenna limber for the idea). Time for a couple of Old Rasputins ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks