• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenEM

AllenEM are those the stock M1009 rims or M1008 rims that you put on your M1009?
Stock M1008 rims I have M1008 axles
I install m1008 tailgate on my M1009 and working on the fastback top now and I got a cab curtain for the summer to keep the rain out (still need snaps to install it).

Attachments

Last edited:

DrJekl

Installed a sliding rear window in my 1059 (original 1031 with a bed from a 1028).

Going to clean out the cab, POR-15 the floor and install the POR-15 bed liner in the cab.

DXTAC

Used Mongo as the tow vehicle on a family camping trip to the Wisconsin Dells this past week. Pulled the pop-up like a DREAM! Even while I was on vacation the bug bit and I changed out all the fuses to the neat expensive ones that light up when they pop.

I think this week I am going to use some para cord and wrap the steering wheel and grease the wheel bearings. Hmm... it might also be time for the top to come off and bring it in to have the bikini top fitted (this was a project leftover from last year).

trukhead

Too Be or Not Too Be, That is the Question...

I want your opinion on whether I should keep this M1028 whole and original or install a pair of awaiting rockwells, A3 wheels and tires and a 12 inch lift with cross steering.

It has a bit of the normal rust but no rust through. It has around 40,000 miles and I have not gotten it running yet but it looks as if it will. It was parked as it became a donor vehicle while in military custody.

I contrast it to my M1008 which is whole and near rust free, except it having the DRMO installed dents it is complete while the dash was pulled while it was in military custody. The frame, axles and every thing is coated with good paint. I 'm leaning toward restoring the M1008 and modding the M1028.

The first 3 pictures are the M1028 and the last 3 are the M1008.

What do you think?

:cool:

Attachments

Hightechken

Made up some starter jumper cables to plug directly in to the grille outlet, And rewired that outlet for 12 volts so I can jump start the rest of my vehicles that are 12 volt.

combatmech

Replaced a problematic LH turn signal bulb, adjusted back-up light switch. Found some caps to fill the antenna wire holes on the top.
Finished painting jerry can bracket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks