• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CycleJay

Hi Guys,

Thanks to your help, advice, & information.
I just came back in from replacing the glow plug relay, and the 2 under dash relays
next to the starter relay (Doghead relay now), and used CRC cleaner in the process
to clean everything electric I could see..

Then reconnected the batteries, and after some coaxing (since its been sitting a few days),
she fired right up, and the wait light coming on after starting, and buzzing is now gone.

Even took a test drive around the neighborhood, she runs and drives just fine!!

Tonight, I also ordered a new Glow Plug Controller module/card from CUCV,
so I look forward to putting that in, when I get it in a few days.

Thanks again guys, God bless all of you, now I can get to work without taking the bus..

Merry Christmas...

CJ

P.s. For now, the batteries appear to be just fine, will post an update if anything changes.

O.D. Fever

I'm mad at mine, its going to sit outside on Christmas. Did the oil pan and rear main and still leaks, injectors miss and I can hear it rust on a quiet night. The new injectors are here as well as the intake gasket and install kit. I'm just going to let it sit for a few days, mabie it will think its been abandoned. Then when I pull it into the shop and break out the Christmas presents it may be happy and work with me.:(

Vet89

I'm mad at mine, its going to sit outside on Christmas. Did the oil pan and rear main and still leaks, injectors miss and I can hear it rust on a quiet night. The new injectors are here as well as the intake gasket and install kit. I'm just going to let it sit for a few days, mabie it will think its been abandoned. Then when I pull it into the shop and break out the Christmas presents it may be happy and work with me.:(
In my humble opinion (imho) this is why God gave the ability for yeast to pee and make alcohol.aua:beer: my sympathies - somewhere in the near future, I am sure I will be wishing I had some wp grenades still.

ryan77

Got the whole inside painted in fresh carc, went to dentist got tooth fixed!!! Now the outside body work and camo job next!!!:beer:

O.D. Fever

This cucv was a base plow truck and it was abused as a child.. I think that is why it has such an attitude. It does not play well with others and will bloody the knuckels of the mechanic and laugh. If you are under it and open you mouth it will spit oil in it... No S--T kid you not..Its mean.

ryan77

This cucv was a base plow truck and it was abused as a child.. I think that is why it has such an attitude. It does not play well with others and will bloody the knuckels of the mechanic and laugh. If you are under it and open you mouth it will spit oil in it... No S--T kid you not..Its mean.

You need to call the CUCV Whisperer !!!!!!!

O.D. Fever

I call it a lot more than that.. SAKUMFRAKUMSENTALRACUM and so on. Were's the Kaboom, there should be an Earth shattering Kaboom? DOU! That CUCV defused it.. D--m truck... I guess he was also E.O.D.

Last edited:

SPCWarning

Took Butterbean for a short trip to my cousin's house to pick up 12 gallons of WMO for my new drip-feed shop heater (which is a success, by the way). My oldest son and I were headed over and "WHOOOSH...." a big ol' chunk of paint peeled off the passenger mirror.....like ALL the paint on the passenger mirror. All I could do was laugh, can't sweat the petty stuff. Butterbean will get a good coat of paint when I get to it.
On another note, Butterbean ran, drove, handled, and rode flawlessly![thumbzup] (where's that "knock-on-wood" smiley?)

wayne pick

reverse osmosis

After three weeks of trying to get the gremlins out of my 700r4, converted by the previous owner i have decided I may go back to the bullet proof th400, no tv cable, sticky valves, no BS. I contacted the privious owner about any issues with the trans and he said, "nope, it ran ok for me" So i'll take that as the truth. It hasn't shifted right since it arrived off the trailer from GA. Im sorry, it did shift well for a few days in a row after I found a kink in the ip linkage to tv cable transition, but it went back to shifting inconsistantly again, won't shift out of first untill the rods are coming through the block, or not at all, or no overdrive unless i let off the throttle at 50 mph. I reserched 700r4 problems, tv cable probs,700 reliability and got page uppon page of nightmare stories. 4l60, 4l80? a big investment with the price of the trans, controller and output shaft conv. The GOV put that trans in for a reason i guess. So what should i do? Go back to the future with the th400, or keep the 700r4, known to be unreliable even after a rebuild? Anyway, merry christmas to all!

Red_506

From what you are saying I think going back stock would be the best option for you. Personally I plan on only doing maintenance and bolt on mods to my truck as I would like to keep it as stock as possible.

wayne pick

th400

Thanks Red, I just want to be able to enjoy this truck witthout constantly having to worry about a trans failure. It's a great truck other than that. M1031. 99.9% rust free and under 40k miles. It's tight. Guess I'll have to be content with 50 mph. 50 is better than zero. been shoping since my last post and found beefy 400s for about a grand to 1400 and it's a bolt up to my 205. No fuss no muss. Guess im shoping for orange triangles now! Thanks for the feedback.

jets1959

Thanks Red, I just want to be able to enjoy this truck witthout constantly having to worry about a trans failure. It's a great truck other than that. M1031. 99.9% rust free and under 40k miles. It's tight. Guess I'll have to be content with 50 mph. 50 is better than zero. been shoping since my last post and found beefy 400s for about a grand to 1400 and it's a bolt up to my 205. No fuss no muss. Guess im shoping for orange triangles now! Thanks for the feedback.
Put 255/85r16's on it then you can keep up with trafic without lifting or cutting anything.

Armorsolutions

Finished the rattle can project. Added an Eye bolt for the antenna tie down and added antenna mount brush guard. The old girl is coming along.
The last pic is from just after I picked it up... A before pic so to speak :)

Attachments

Get an NV4500 5 speed manual trans. Then you really don't have to worry about all the stuck valves and stuff. And you get overdrive, and 4 other gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks