• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrex

Dropped it off at the local mechanic to install the transmission cooler. Lol. Yeah, yeah, I know. But I have 3 full-time jobs now and little time to do much myself.

MUDDUCK

I got a couple of axes and a shovel from my former Chief at the Lebanon Illinois Police Dept. He recently acquired some MV's and made patrol vehicles out of them for the snow days.

Painted up the tools and slapped them on the brush guard.....I DIG IT! Not the permanent mounts....... but just to get the idea. Hey, my wife keeps bringing home new cans of that camo spray paint....I think she secretly digs the CUCV.

Also, handy use for the rifle mounts:p

Attachments

edpdx

Took my Wilson Gear Reduction starter to O'Reily's for warranty replacement. They are shipping me a new one! :jumpin:. Cleaned all the oil/crud from the flexplate cover. _ too cold nad foggy to replace tonight- tomorrow looks better. I am gonna shelve the WIlson unit. I already stuck my standby Chinese unit in- fired right up. It is good to have a spare.

edpdx

MUDDuck, just stole some ideas from you to put those rifle racks to use. thanks. Also I have a Pioneer Rack from a humvee- I though I would bolt it into the Drivers rear window; but it may look pretty cool on the grille- I just hate to see it get ripped-off :roll:

MUDDUCK

MUDDuck, just stole some ideas from you to put those rifle racks to use. thanks. Also I have a Pioneer Rack from a humvee- I though I would bolt it into the Drivers rear window; but it may look pretty cool on the grille- I just hate to see it get ripped-off :roll:
I know what you mean. I've been looking for a way to lock down the tools that won't cost an arm and a leg. Lots of cool mounts for fire trucks and things like that but pricey! For the shovel, I guess I could put a large lock around the grill and handle.....

Healy

Since the topic for the moment seems to be tool storage, i cam eup with this idea and i was curious as to how it would be possible to mount 120MM mortar ammo cans to the quarter panels of an M1009? Would it look decent or would that just look stupid? i keep running it over in my mind and it's sort of one of those things i think i would like but i'm iffy as to how it would work or look in the real world.:?

wrex

Since the topic for the moment seems to be tool storage, i cam eup with this idea and i was curious as to how it would be possible to mount 120MM mortar ammo cans to the quarter panels of an M1009? Would it look decent or would that just look stupid? i keep running it over in my mind and it's sort of one of those things i think i would like but i'm iffy as to how it would work or look in the real world.:?
Hah!

I say "hah" because I've been wondering the same thing, lately.

SPCWarning

Today I cleaned/checked more underhood wiring, replaced fuse on wipers (found a crusty wire that caused the fuse to blow), experimented with more paint. :grd:

wayne pick

120mm cans

I have two of them I got from Colemans, Couldn't resist the price. If I had a 1009. I'd lay them down behind the rear seat with a 3/4in spacer underneath so u could open em and use 3/4in plywood on top as a false floor. If they are too long, Just cut to fit and weld the bottoms back on. Great for stowing heavy gear like a floor jack, breaker bar, chain or anything heavy u don't want flying arround loose. The space in between cans can be used for lighter gear. Maybe cut the buckle off one side and weld or bolt a hinge on. When your tailgate is closed u don't see them from outside. I have a 1031 w a flatbed and im trying to figure out where im going to put mine.

Danger Ranger

Inside or outside? ...If outside, I would say no, saddlebags are for motorcycles only...lol.:lol:

I made a cold start video (it was on Tuesday, coldest day so far this winter).
It was 12°F (-11°C) and the truck wasn't plugged in.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aelSGV2NpGk[/media]

And here's a video after it dropped back to normal idle, after about 4-5 minutes.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvsZLlcS10I[/media]

Status
Not open for further replies.