• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed my new solargizer... Seen different posts on here regarding locations... I just couldnt see drilling holes into the hood. and I wanted it out of the way of the ocassional tree limb from hitting it if it was on top of the cab.

i also installed this a while back, and thought i'd post some pics. Had made an extension of the power steering fill neck, using a radiator hose, 2 clamps, and the neck and cap off of another pump from junk yard. everything cost like (under $20.) As its it recommened to check fluid while engine is running, i just couldnt see a safe way in doing that on the 6.2L :mrgreen: ... lol

Attachments

took of the steering wheel again, replaced the signal cam, the main assembly also and re painted everything. put in a grant blk on blk steering wheel a 13.5. frees up some more leg room. I hope I dont get kicked out for the grant wheel, lol.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed clear prefilter on the fuel line.
Looks good, but gotta ask, do gas stations sell bad diesel? Water in the fuel, sand, grit or what ever can creep into the stations tanks? I picked up a replacement to the box filter but don't have a pre filter. My 2003 Duramax doesn't have one either and haven't had any fuel problems except one recalled filter batch.

Attached is what I installed

Attachments

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Replaced the drivers side alternator, since it snapped and lost it Friday.
Thank you Matt1031 for the assistance, and the battery cap.

Also sealed the holes I had to drill in the hood to install my solarizer,
with liquid electrical tape.

swinters

Put on all new drive belts and KYB Monotube Shocks - was getting too much body roll on corners with the camper on so rolled underneath and had two leaking shocks. What a difference! The KYBs are awesome.

swinters

Looks good, but gotta ask, do gas stations sell bad diesel? Water in the fuel, sand, grit or what ever can creep into the stations tanks? I picked up a replacement to the box filter but don't have a pre filter. My 2003 Duramax doesn't have one either and haven't had any fuel problems except one recalled filter batch.

Attached is what I installed
Anything you can do to protect your fuel injection system is money well spent. Fuel does get contaminated and the injection system is the most expensive part of your engine. My cousin manages a refinery and tells me that when the fuel suppliers get ready to change over between summer and winter blends they run the tanks down, especially in the fall, and in spite of their best efforts sometimes the trucks picking up fuel will pick up moisture and debris. Then the tanks at the gas station heat and cool with the weather and take in air as fuel is pumped out of them so get moisture in them from the air. I've seen dirt and gravel dumped into the tanks accidentally as the fuel truck was dumping into them. If you let your truck sit and the tank isn't full you're getting moisture from the air as well - and accelerating microbe growth. Plenty of opportunities for moisture and debris to get into the fuel along the supply chain and an ounce of prevention is certainly worth a pound of cure.

McCluskey

Had some spare time at work, so I media-blasted and Parkerized all my spare lug nuts. Replaced the front 2 tires'. The other two will come on another boring afternoon.

ororke1

Removed the injection pump and had rebuilt at a diesel injection shop, installed 35" BFG T/A's, installed a pair of tinted operating rear side windows, installed rebuilt windshield wiper motor and pump, installed new glow plugs and an oil pan heater.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks