• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdeoliveira74

new tires for my baby..33/12.5/15 found out my front passenger well bearings are shot wheel is super loose going to mechanic today. Probably explains the sloppy steering [thumbzup]

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New vac pump on top of tranny... New vac mod on tranny..... 2 Newer rear leaf springs and new bushing's to go with theim... replaced powerstering pump and bracket with newer ones ( because bracket was loose)..... going to replace exhaust gaskets, my engine has a exhaust leak.. in the new few days.. Add'ed a custom made consol for a police siren control box and a lightbar control box for my lightbar I'm putting on soon.... anything else I'll let u know.

chevyCUCV

wayne pick it looks good

hot dog, i like the original radio. It looks like it belongs, way better than any tacky aftermarket unit.

Indyfab you have my dream truck in the works!!

ororke1

I can't find anything cheap anymore!
The new ball joints and Bilsteins were worth it though, front end handles like new or maybe better.

Thanks for the compliment, my place is more work than that 1009, taking care of calves, horses and all that goes with it.

seabee mike

I changed all my glow plugs yesterday. Took almost 30 min! I had to grind the blades down. I was so worried about swelling I ordered a GP puller from the JJ&A place foe 100$ Stupid me I knew I should have checked the plugs before ordering the tool. Anyone need a tool?

okay.. heres a few pics.. of recent mods.... mounted new oil Pressure gauge and Tach, (waiting to Dakota Digital module to arrive to complete tach install.. Tried connecting directly to the D or C pin in the STE ( for testing ) does not do anything...) completed installation of temp probes for Water and Trans... Also this was done a while back, but made new battery tray. And used 1/4 plate to install front F250 shocks..( done in such a way, I can go back and install 14" shocks in future...).

FYI, I'm looking for the top 24v bus cover, If anyone has one to sell, PM me.... Thanks....

Attachments

zaxcucv

Changed GP's, changed front and rear diff fluid, changed tranny fluid, did doghead mod, added shock boots, stainless brake lines, drove 65 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks