• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the hours needed to complete my Racor 245 spin of fuel filter mod, also replaced the entire intake and out going fuel lines, new clamps too. It was relly nice to have the priming pump in the head and the clear sight bowl. Wired up another dome light for the rear and am thinking of swapping out my tires to something more aggressive like BFG mt's today.

hunderliggur

Finally got the hours needed to complete my Racor 245 spin of fuel filter mod, also replaced the entire intake and out going fuel lines, new clamps too. It was relly nice to have the priming pump in the head and the clear sight bowl. Wired up another dome light for the rear and am thinking of swapping out my tires to something more aggressive like BFG mt's today.
Pics? No pics, it didn't happen. Did you get the fuel heater? Actual part numbers could help us who have not purchased yet.

chief1983

Just installed my Draw-Tite hitch. Pintle hook mostly still in place. Cut off the green hooks with an acetylene torch, I'll just have to use the ones on the hitch I guess. I have managed to drill the holes in the hitch to reinforce the pintle and put the pintle back so far. Now to get a brake controller.

DXTAC

Odds & Ends

Got around today to doing a few things I've been putting off. I modified an ammo can and mounted it to the radio mount on the dash. It includes 4 plug adapters (2 on top and 2 inside) and a terminal strip. Now I have power wherever and whenever I need it. I have a Panavise cell phone mount that will get mounted some day on the top as well. I replaced the INOP voltmeter. I bypassed the glow plug relay circuitry and hard wired two momentary switches in the dash. The one on the right is the glow plug relay and the one on the left is the squirter switch. The toggle is covering up an oops, my cut was off due to the brace in the plastic.

Next up is front brakes and a steering shaft. I think I'm gonna get the Borgeson.

Cheers!!! :beer:

Attachments

Last edited:

mtn man

KM2's

Well SSer's, could not get t/a ko's that seemed to be the tire of choice. Settled for t/a km2's. What do you think?
Great tire! They make them in the 285/75 and my FAVORITE on the CUCV 255/85.... 3cm's narrower, but about 1.5cm's taller... and the 255 is normally cheaper.

Good tire and I plan buy them when my current 255/85 mud dawgs die.... won't be long.

and kudos for sending pics

ratchet196

2 new batteries :shock:

Fresh oil, air filter, coolant,brake fluid
Inspected flex plate

Next-

Change front output shaft seal - ordered
Go over all wheel bearings

figure out rattle coming from starter area or transfer case?

New project started when I picked it up less than a week ago.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I replaced the door hinge pin bushings. Now I can close the door without slamming!
Hey Natem, Where did you find your hinge pin bushings...? Thats a cool and important fix. I never thought of that one, I'm tired of slamming the door.

engineman2

Islandguy, I got my hinge pin bushings at Autozone in the Dorman/HELP! section full of little randoms bits like window roller uppers and such. They are part #38400. If you do this, I recommend you do this as well: http://coloradok5.com/doorhingepins.shtml I did it and now I can, with the help of the engine hoist or a friend, remove the doors and drive around on those hot summer days with 45 MPH air conditioning. :beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks