• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

combatmech

:ditto:Wayne makes a great point, Off Road Design makes repair and strengthening brackets for the steering gear area on K-series trucks. ALSO, Check your air filter housing. Occasionally the wing nuts on mine work loose and that thing makes a terrible racket, especially when doing the high idle warmup. [thumbzup]
Ditto on the air cleaner wing nuts, just found the same thing saturday.

I have completed the ORD repair/upgrade frame kit install as well as the ORD steering brace.. ( approx 2 months ago ) VERY HIGH quality and well made...

I went with a Redneck ram hydro assist kit as well.. No more issues or weak links with Steering...
:doghead:

CycleJay

Hi guys,

Nothing much lately other than finally getting a AAA card in case of any roadside emergency.
I got the plus level with a few extra benefits that classic does not have.

But hopefully with the paycheck I get this, maybe I could get some work done.
I will have to wait and see..

Wish me luck..... It should be a pretty decent check this time.....

chevyCUCV

Hi guys,

Nothing much lately other than finally getting a AAA card in case of any roadside emergency.
I got the plus level with a few extra benefits that classic does not have.

But hopefully with the paycheck I get this, maybe I could get some work done.
I will have to wait and see..

Wish me luck..... It should be a pretty decent check this time.....
Isn't it nice when your CUCV doesnt need anything? I made it 6 months without any repairs, it was a pleasant surprise.
And the premium AAA is great for buying cars, i think the towing distance is 50 miles or something i have used it several times, just bring a plate to throw on whatever you are buying.

CycleJay

ChevyCUCV,

Yes, I agree with you, mine has been running great for awhile now.
But just to let you know the AAA premium gets you more than 50 miles of towing.
You get at least 1 200 mile tow, and I think 3-4 100 mile tows..
Even with the AAA middle level you still get 100 mile tows..

But AAA premium gets you winching/extraction in case you need it, I believe.

I have a list of things I am going to do as preventative mainenence, as I can afford it though.

rbeasley66

Got the new heater core installed today with new hoses, put a shut off valve on the 5/8 hose so I won't share the heat inside the cab of the M1009. Waiting on the new aluminum radiator to get here so I can finish it up. Put new belts on it also, sure was a lot easier without the radiator in the way.

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few days late for Aberdeen , but here is the new Winch PLATE and 10,000lb (off brand) winch.
Didnt turn out so bad I guess
Looks real good! I am not a welder, probably would burn the all metal barn down if I tried. Did you make the plate yourself or did someone else make it for you? I'd like to put a winch on the M1009 but didn't have an idea of how to do it till your picture was posted.
Thanks
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks