• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Para - what model #'s for the filter? What did you put under the insulation, looks black, Rhino? Are you leaving the guard black? I have tan on one side with black antenna and I like the look. Need to paint the other side and will probably go with tan also.
The filter set up is the Racor 200 series head, comes with built in priming pump. Very nice set up and I would absolutely buy again. Heres a link to the item at west marine, they will price match so I found them online for $100.00 and they matched it, so if you can find one locally do that. But here it is: RACOR Filter at West Marine

On the underside of the insulation I used two different types of paint. First I removed all the surface rust I could find then used Rustoleum cold galvanizing zinc rich primer paint as seen here: Amazon.com: Rust-Oleum 7585838 Professional Cold Galvanizing Compound Spray Paint, 20-Ounce: Home Improvement I found it at home depot or lowes I cant remember.

After that was all done I hit it with two coats of Rustoleum high performance enamel. Came out very nice and thick and excellent coverage. Its located here: RustOleum.com Also got this at Home Depot or Lowes, same stuff I hit my rims with and plan on hitting my roof rack with. I think I bought a case of this paint and absolutely love it.

As for the antenna, I like the CARC look myself too, I have some CARC on standby for the truck but am waiting to do the body work before that happens. So until then its black. Thinking four color desert or maybe the same scheme but with a od base, as seen at the mountain warfare training area.

Hey and Hello, Will you give me a part number or location of that material you used for the hood insulation, I like it and from the look still wipe it off at some point if gets real dirty.
I looked on Pep Boys website and could not find it. But that is exactly where I bought it, came in a roll 4'x6'. It was located in the section with all there headline repair material. I think the entire role was 39.99 part number according to them today when I called is: 00109 but that seems a little generic. But heres the number to my local pepboys perhaps you could have your location call for more specifics. Pep Boys carlsbad 760-724-2726

ratchet196

installed rebuilt alternator (took out the duracrap that kept me going for a couple days)

Bought rebuild kits for both alternators from cucv electric. 35.00 to be installed

Next---transmission rebuild

GreggVA

installed rebuilt alternator (took out the duracrap that kept me going for a couple days)

Bought rebuild kits for both alternators from cucv electric. 35.00 to be installed

Next---transmission rebuild
Hope you start a thread on your trans rebuild with LOTS of pics! Will be following along!

ryan77

Had the windows tinted today all of them for $300.00 out the door! Being a white irish/german i was cooking in it!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337984003.818791.jpg

ryan77

Heres some pics! $60.00 radio frpm autozone! Front speakers in dash from autozone and rear gheto speaker box from scum mart!!!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1337990228.310922.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1337990244.115814.jpg

Found a third spare engine w/ a 700r4 attached to this one, very pleased. Replaced the power steering pump w/ a used one. Bought a steering pulley puller and installer. Put the brace on the starter. Changed to the summer weight oil, much quieter. Made a relay, circuit breaker center in a box to clean up beneath the dash, works great.

removed the diff cover and the grey RTV and installed an actual gasket. cleaned up rust and washed the diff cover in the dishwasher before the wife comes home. cleaned it up and painted with rustoleum and new hardware to secure it.

ARYankee

Well I finally got around to Duralining the interior. It was my first time using a DIY bedliner. It wasn't too bad. I ended up barely using the roller, instead I used the paint brush for most of it. Here are some before and after pictures.

Attachments

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I finally got around to Duralining the interior. It was my first time using a DIY bedliner. It wasn't too bad. I ended up barely using the roller, instead I used the paint brush for most of it. Here are some before and after pictures.
Looks real good! I had to go another route. My M1009 has some rust damage (some real bad) all over the floor. I'm going to have to get a shop to repair the damage. Untill money comes available, I got an OEM floor mat. Makes it look much better and when I finally get the new floor, I'll just ransfer the mat over. it looks like you did the back deck? How hard was the prep work? My back deck is nasty and a good coat of bedliner might improve its looks. Again, good looking work:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks