• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This weekend I managed to get the following done;

Took care of 10 pesky riv-nuts. Welded them to the truck.

Added new HF radio and antenna.

Removed old floor mat, installed new one front and rear.

Painted drivers and passenger seat base and seat.

Removed dash, painted and reinstalled.

Painted visors, door panels, vent hardware, rear seat and 4x4 shift lever plastic housing.

Removed spare tire hardware, sand blasted, powder coated and reinstalled.

Removed radio rack, powder coated and reinstalled.

Changed oil and rotated tires.

That's enough for now.
Karl

Attachments

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Multi-Use Cup Holder

Works for all kind of things, but really holds your drink! I think i am going to mount my first aid kit there so I may have to relocate!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
antennaclimber - that's a sharp-looking truck interior you have now! And the outside looks great too!

rumplecat - very low-tech redneck, but it works as well as being useful for its original purpose...

jets1959

This weekend I managed to get the following done;

Took care of 10 pesky riv-nuts. Welded them to the truck.

Added new HF radio and antenna.

Removed old floor mat, installed new one front and rear.

Painted drivers and passenger seat base and seat.

Removed dash, painted and reinstalled.

Painted visors, door panels, vent hardware, rear seat and 4x4 shift lever plastic housing.

Removed spare tire hardware, sand blasted, powder coated and reinstalled.

Removed radio rack, powder coated and reinstalled.

Changed oil and rotated tires.

That's enough for now.
Karl
Looking factory fresh!!!!

Well a few things this weekend. Installed a stereo and two speakers in the factory location in dash. While the dash was off painted it, set up another 12volt plug in the glove box, set up the cb mount, cleaned up wiring harness under the dash, re worked my rear bus bar, added a small west marine bus bar up under dash on right side, new bulbs in gauge cluster, oil filter service placard in engine bay. Used marine grade shrink wrap electrical connectors on everything. Figure I should re-do it right now so I dont need to touch it ever again.

Also used dielectric grease on everything under the dash that i could reach, cleaned a few grounds.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Am I allowed to post a craigslist ad link? I already learned we aren't allowed to post auctions. I just wanted to make the community aware of a good deal I saw on craigslist. Guy has a NOS half-cab kit for the K5s. I don't know the guy, and I think he's asking too much ($500) but I thought someone here might be jonesing for one.

Attachments

edpdx

I was at the wrecking yard last week looking for a spare mount. Ran across a number of civvy Blazers so I went scavenging. All had the power gates- but the widows were down. I managed to open the access panel and used my portable power driver to wind the cable and open the window.WP_000019.jpg

Also ran across some cargo trim panels- fairly intact; but good as templates. I trimmed up some 1/8 shower board and covered it with OD green truck canvas. Here is the initial install. I still have to line the back with sound proofing and install the floor cleats to screw the bottoms into.WP_000086.jpg

edpdx,

Cool mod and trick.... always wondered how to move rear glass and not just break it or drag a heavy battery though salavge yard try to hot wire window motor.. i want to get a whole motorized gate, and swap guts into mine... as the handle is not broken, but in time it will....

jhyatt7

License plate light, I stole this idea from RoboSkid, Thanks man, this is awesome!
I used motorcycle license plate bolts with L.E.D.'s in them. The license plate is magnetic and the power cable is on a disconnect.

Attachments

Last edited:

cpf240

License plate light, I stole this idea from RoboSkid, Thanks man, this is awesome!
I used motorcycle license plate bolts with L.E.D.'s in them. The license plate is magnetic and the power cable is on a disconnect.
Can you post some daytime pics? I looked at some of those LED bolts, and they all stuck out too far in the back for my use. Which ones did you use?

K9Vic

Looks good, he told me about doing that with his plates on the M1009 he bought from me. That looks really good and will comply with Texas law.

The magnet plate I made was so it can be taken off for shows and parades quickly. I used Harbor Freight 95lb magnets and that Bell plastic plate bracket frame. Never took any pictures of it as I made it that morning before the M1009 was picked up by RoboSkid. I wanted to do this with my M1031, but the box is aluminum to use the taillight light. I need to come up with a better place for my plate as it covers my GANG identification.

jhyatt7

cps240 the LED's I used I got off E-BRAY for about $7. They are small cylinders with a threaded bolt on the back, they are roughly 1/2 inches long. They stick out a little but it doesnt bother me. I believe Roboskid picked his up at a local motorcycle shop.

jhyatt7

Multipurpose antenna stowage

I don't always have the antenna's mounted on my 09, so I decided I needed some where to stow them. I came up with a piece of 2 inch PVC pipe ith a capped end.
I can also hang rucksacks and other things on it. Of course it will be painted.

Attachments

Keith_J

Did a little PMCS today on the M1031. Ran it up, checked the governor (still buggy, droop from 61 to 58 Hz with just the compressor0. Checked all fluids and lubricants, checked the universal joints for play, checked grease levels in joints.

Once I get the governor running better, it will be mission capable. Until then, my MEP-002A will have to do.

JSF01

I was hoping to get at least my hood repainted this weekend to growing areas of minor surface rust. I bought everything I need and am ready to go. Unfortunately it rained today and it looks like most of the week it may rain so the behr paint would not have time to dry. Guess I'll have to wait another week. :sad:

SGTskully

New cup holders, tranny hump cover, misc

removed and insulated doorpanels. Added fold up cupholders from a corvette. I also added a pad to cover the transmission hump and get rid of the gap that was there between the Extreme liner and 4x4 shifter.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks