• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keith_J

My M1031 is now legally on the road with permanent plates. I attached the rear under the left tail lamp as it has illumination for the plate. Used an old license plate, drilled to match the reflector beneath the left rear light. I removed the reflector and used those holes to mount the old plate backwards, then bolted the legal plate to the old one. It looks perfect.

ARYankee

I bypassed my glow plug resistors and mounted the CB. I did discover some dry rotted hoses that will be getting replaced next. I will eventually get it all put back together and running.

Keith_J

Emergency harmonic damper replacement. Once the belts are loose, it is a two hour job with hand tools. I used a NAPA puller which also doubled as the installer with a simple thrust bearing :driver:

I didn't remove the fan, shroud or radiator. I started at 2000, had the belts on by 2200 and tensioned by 2300.

Rotis

well this week I'm pulling the tranny..... sigh a few weeks ago lost reverse in my th400..... she's been fun and a tranny rebuild is well worth the cost!

:driver:

85CUCVtom

Replaced the hard top seals with ones from LMC. We'll see if I did a good job or not if it ever decides to rain. Treated some rust spots in the bed with POR15.

Keith_J

Could I by any chance get a photo of the tools you used for that replacement? I'd just like a visual of what I should expect to need when I eventually have to do mine.

KD Tool 2291. Has correct bolts for the damper, the main shaft is threaded same as the bolt. So you turn it backwards, the hex head into the crank. You don't have to tighten it, you will turn the main tool to force the damper onto the crank.

Now, in between the big washer and the tool, you can place a 5/8" or 3/4" needle thrust bearing, McMaster has them for under $3. Be sure to get two corresponding hard washers. McMaster-Carr # 5909K33 for the bearing and two # 5909K59 washers.

Turn the puller tool with an adjustable wrench. Remove the threaded end with padded pliers.

Attachments

2HIJOS2126

Finall got around to doing the resistor bypass and doghead relay mods on my M1028..... Didnt have any issues... she started right up and runs like a champ.... Also wired in a cig lighter plug and started on the wiring for some accessories....:jumpin::jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

Red_506

Took out my 09' today, put fuel in it and drove to the local 4 wheel parts; unfortunately they didn't have the smitty build seat covers in stock so I have to order them :(

ARYankee

Well the last couple of days I have spent close to $300 on fluids, filters, and a few misc. parts. I just got done replacing the CDR, the dry rotted vacuum hoses that I found the other day, replaced the air filter, and put the front seats in. Hopefully by Sunday, I'll get to fire it up :)

chevyCUCV

Truck died on the road today for real.
Fuel problem not pushing enough, filter not bleeding, poor return out of ip.
Ended up putting the ip fuel line into a bottle of motor oil and driving home.
Time for a electric LP, and replace any rubber i havent yet, also have to figure out a air leak on the return side.
Not worthy of a thread because i know where to find all the answers!

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
4 New tires and new shocks in the mail!

Still to do-

Change front diff oil
New kingpin bushings
New Steering stabilizer
New shock absorbers
Transmission vacuum lines
Transmission fluid change
Transmission filter change