• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

howardc

Interesting that your slave port and blackout drive are missing. I like the swing away spare tire carrier.

Yeah I'll have to track those down once I get the larger stuff done, like the interior floor pan replacement. It also has the dome antenna on it, that I have only seen once before on here. I'm a fan of the tire carrier too, although the tire is unusable due to dry rot. Thinking of getting an NRA tire cover for it.

86m1028

Simple things

Oil change, lube, fuel filter, got all lights working.
Broke out the glass ball in the return line.
Installed manual glowplug switch.
Replaced all vacume lines from the pump to the trans (shifts GREAT now).

replacing those vac lines makes a world of difference and if you ever need to putting in a new trans vac modulator is just as easy and cheap!

Simple things

Oil change, lube, fuel filter, got all lights working.
Broke out the glass ball in the return line.
Installed manual glowplug switch.
Replaced all vacume lines from the pump to the trans (shifts GREAT now).

2HIJOS2126

Been quite busy with switching jobs and everyday life..... but still have been slowly workin on my 1028... Got my Tiny Tach installed.... Took out my dash and door panels and painted them black.... Installed a stereo and some small speakers... And most importantly I added some badges to it to honor my father in law who served in the US ARMY as a paratrooper during the Korean war.....

Attachments

Keith_J

Used my M1031 SECM to build an electric fence. Air-operated T-post driver, electricity and air all at hand. :grd:.

This vehicle is the perfect ranch truck.

mdiver

I made a payment on mine today. Hopefully soon get it paid off and get home to start on my list of things to do to it before it grows much longer..lol

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a payment on mine today. Hopefully soon get it paid off and get home to start on my list of things to do to it before it grows much longer..lol
What did you buy?
We'll be in Grayling in two weeks, good place to check it's capabilities!

Keith_J

Finally got time to finish the air conditioner compressor frame. Minor welding, more marking and drilling.

Yes, frame and not bracket. This is a 28 volt electric motor driven unit. This frame is mounted to the frame rail under the passenger seat.

I still need more #6 refrigerant hose, even though both evaporator and condenser are in conventional locations. I want neat refrigerant line routing.

mdiver

What did you buy?
We'll be in Grayling in two weeks, good place to check it's capabilities!
1985 m1008. Was thinking about a m1009 but I have very bad luck with back windows in blazers staying in one piece. Grayling sounds good but no way it will be paid off by then.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1985 m1008. Was thinking about a m1009 but I have very bad luck with back windows in blazers staying in one piece. Grayling sounds good but no way it will be paid off by then.
Congratulations! We'll be back next year as well, so you'll have time to do any of your mods.

ReubenJames

Had some looseness in the steering column and needed to replace the turn signal switch and wiper switch. Took it all apart and got the new switches in and tightned up up some stuff. Had a heck of time getting timing on the ignition switch back in order so the steering wheel lock would work correctly. Hope I don't have to do that again anytime soon. If anyone has any suggestions on making the reassembly easier let me know.

Next is a tranny cooler, tranny filter and fluid, govenor and vacuum lines then 3/4 ton axles and a disc brake conversion on the rear axle. Wish me luck.

howardc

Tore apart the instrument panel and replaced all the bulbs, now I can tell how fast im going at night. I didnt quite have time to put it all back together before I had to fly to Houston, but at least im halfway done. Maybe when I get home Friday nite I can make a little time to put him back together

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks