• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief1983

Just finished installing the AutoMeter Mini Gauge set. Now I can monitor my temp and oil pressure. Probably gonna try to swap the voltmeter out for something else since I already have the stock voltmeter, but 1.5" gauges aren't common.

HighPlainsPrepper

Aux Power and Switch Panel

This weekend I built an aux power panel and switch panel. The fuse block I built is mounted on the right side of the heater box, just near the top (visible when you open the glove box or lay on the passenger floor. All wires stripped, crimped, soldered, and heat-shrinked. I built the switch panel out of FRP and wired it all up. The fuse block is protected by a 30 amp fuse inline to the 12v junction block on the firewall. Included an accessory plug for anything else. Some pics attached. I know you can get a nice panel from a marine/rv supply place with fuses built in but what fun is that? I took about 50 pictures of each phase of the project but just grabbed some of the key steps for posting here. The final pic shows my 25 year old Radio Shack CB powered on mounted in the overhead console from my last post.

Attachments

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whats your angle? hahaha

Didn't think to get my inclinometer out and check. We tried pulling it back the way I went in, then another SS member shoveled some (lots) of soil, then I turned hard to the right and drove out. Worried I roll it but didn't.

SpecWarSquid

My little buddy and I held another Weekend Working Party on the 09 chassis. We reclaimed another 10 gallons of diesel with still an inch or so left in the tank but it was now light enough for us to drop the tank and skid plate. We didn't get as much done as we wanted due to time. But next weekend hopefully we'll finish up the plumbing and get the axles and springs off. :D

Attachments

tequilaiam

Finished spraying mine. I went with ALK-200 instead of rapco paint from the local PPG distributor sprayed over PPG OMNI epoxy primer. Even with a cheap HF HVLP spray gun I only needed a half gallon to cover the entire truck.

I should have grabbed the color code to share. The shop sold me on this stuff because they had the color code they developed for a duece builder out of unionville, IN. Not sure if he's a member on here or not but if so, thanks for letting me piggy back on your paint purchases!

MarcusOReallyus

Finished spraying mine. I went with ALK-200 instead of rapco paint from the local PPG distributor sprayed over PPG OMNI epoxy primer. Even with a cheap HF HVLP spray gun I only needed a half gallon to cover the entire truck.

I should have grabbed the color code to share. The shop sold me on this stuff because they had the color code they developed for a duece builder out of unionville, IN. Not sure if he's a member on here or not but if so, thanks for letting me piggy back on your paint purchases!

You realize you have committed a floggable offense, don't you?

nopics

86m1028

Started work on my m1031.
Removed banana shaped driveshaft. (thanks gl)
Converted np205 from slip yoke to fixed yoke.
Flushed & changed fluid in tcase.
Ordered a new driveshaft.

jhyatt7

My instrument cluster just lacked luster, so i decided to remove it and repaint it and then add a clear coat. I decided that everyone has the standard black, but i have always like the OD green and black combo. I had red instrument lights but while they look cool, they are hard to see especially if your getting long in the tooth. I might go with a blue or green. Pics coming when its all put back together.

Status
Not open for further replies.