• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
saved my 09 and 101a3 from the military police last night at 2am. Our dog was going crazy, so i get up to look. someone with a flashlight peering around my truck, go out to confront and see a cruiser. I let the dog out still within our perimeter fence and yell at them, what there looking for. The start asking me about my trailer, etc. id, blah, blah, blah. Long story short they thought it was stolen gov property since it looks so much like it came from motor t. I keep a copy of my bill of sale in the truck for just that purpose. dog did a great job

I haven't posted on here in a while, so I figured now is a good time to update what I've done to my 1009.

-New CV Drive shaft
-New 3-Core radiator
-Added Engine oil cooler
-Added transmission fluid cooler (both inline with the radiator)
-Installed my 35mm ammo can center console, complete w/ a 15amp lighter breaker board from West Marine and wired all my Aux lights and CB to it.
-Rebuilt transmission
-Installed rear aux light (after backing up into my dad's friend's car early in the morning)

Most upgrades were not because I simply just WANTED to do them. Trust me. aua

I haven't posted on here in a while, so I figured now is a good time to update what I've done to my 1009.

-New CV Drive shaft
-New 3-Core radiator
-Added Engine oil cooler
-Added transmission fluid cooler (both inline with the radiator)
-Installed my 35mm ammo can center console, complete w/ a 15amp lighted breaker board from West Marine and wired all my Aux lights and CB to it.
-Rebuilt transmission
-Installed rear aux light (after backing up into my dad's friend's car early in the morning)

Most upgrades were not because I simply just WANTED to do them. Trust me.

twlinks

Rustoleum bed liner on the cab floor this morning...will do the bed this week sometime. Not sure whether to leave it black or paint it but time will tell on that.

twlinks

Got the bedliner in the back today...first coat anyway. I'm not a big fan of black so I'll be painting the floor when I the rest of the interior. I toyed with the idea of using a commercial rubber roof coating but ended up using the Rustoleum I already had.

Also picked up a pair of side steps to help this old fart get in and out a little easier and also save the drivers seat from it's typical breaking down and splitting. Will most likely paint them same as the body.

I'm still planning on Olive Drab, lightened just a titch for the exterior/interior.

Attachments

CycleJay

Hi guys,

The other day I took my instrument cluster apart to replace the non-working fuel gauge.
Got it done and installed, but the new gauge reads emtpy too. I have it idea or two.
And on my next day off, I will take it apart again to make another attempt at getting it working.

And while I had it all open and apart, I took the non-working heater blower switch out,
and replaced it with a new one, now my heater blower works, so now on cold days I
can stay warm, and defrost the windows. Since it blows on low and high.
The old switch was burned, and melted to the point that it was pretty much burnt toast.

Just my $0.02 cents.

Dirty1

Just did a lot of stuff to mine. Rear brake line, tranny line, changed fluids, inner fenders and batteries. Dog head is next as well as my plow install.

Keith_J

I looked at my M1031 today. Opened the doors. But couldn't do anything, it is at a car and truck show on display with less than 1/4 tank full and fully disconnected batteries. I am a sad panda.

I get to spring it from its slumber on Sunday, at 1930 hours or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks