• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
Did nothing useful except take pictures of my CUC. Will post later. Nothing special, just you typical DRMOd truck. Someday, I will post after pics. Can't wait!!!:beer:

DXTAC

Replaced P/S upper and lower ball joints, replaced the aft tie rod end off the pitman arm and had an alignment done. The steering wander and general lack of responsiveness in the steering is now gone!! Oh, also had the tires rebalanced after I noticed some weights were missing, tightened the power steering belt and placed rubber plugs into the star wheel access hole in the drums.

Next up is radiator hoses, thermostat with AMSOIL coolant and shocks.

edpdx

Clipped the Battery cable lugs and replaced them with 3/8" Flat spade connectors for the new 31 group batteries with the screw down posts. Soldered all and shrink tubing to clean them up. It has been raining here, so I still await a couple of sunnny days to bolt the starter and new solenoid it.

I ordered some new AC 60 glow plugs today. Also the Tygon tubing to replace the injector supply lines.

DTL

I replaced the headlight switch on my oh8 and cleaned up the grounds in the front. It cured my no headlights condition and actually made them way brighter too! Amazing what cleaning grounds can do.

rnd-motorsports

pulled 1028 into shop and pulled front hubs apart pulled axles out and removed and inspected lower king pin bearings repacked bearings and replaced seals for lower bearings of the king pins Replaced upper bushings and springs with kits I got from ORD put back together after repacking wheel bearings then removed all the front leaf spring end bushings and replaced with energy suspension bushings was surprised they all pushed out with my fingers even though the rears were shot (rubber) Now just have to get a steering dampener getting a bit soft and will be set for awhile. with only 17000 miles you would not expect the spring bushing to be as bad as they were but truck sat in Arizona well all new now!:driver:

Iceman3005

I joined the site not too long ago so here's what I have done to both since I got them last march. First unit 2 new batteries, left Alt. rebuilt, rebuilt radiator, new rear drive shaft(was bent), all 4 tie rod ends new and a alignment done, all thats left is getting glow plugs working correctly, fixing front pinion bearing, fixing busted gov locker in rear end, and fixing dents/and 2 quarter size rust spots. 2nd unit new rear and front drive shaft(both bent), 2 new batteries, all new fuses(missing or blown when I got it), new glow plugs, new glow plug circuit board, new glow plug relay, a set of 4 decent used tires, new headlights, all 4 tie rod ends replaced and a alignment done, transfer case seal on front drive shaft replaced, just need to fix dents/rust(not much), leaking transmission pan seal, and steering box(have one waiting in garage).

jongainey

Pulled the Bumper and brush guard. going to sand down and repaint them as I was getting some rust where the medals rubbed the paint off. Thinking of adding a winch mount now while i have it off and making it look all pretty!rofl

GATVILLE

got an exhaust ticket in it the other day, apparently according to the officer it sounded like a jet engine.....uh...yeah, i told him it sounds like an old n/a diesel with a hole in the exhaust........

Jerchambers

I finally replaced my flexplate (flywheel). I have been having so many starting issues and it finally came down to the flexplate missing some teeth and being worn... Now it starts like a champ.! It only took two of us approximately 7 total hours. But we got it!

cmroles

Finally got around to replacing the ignition lock cyclinder and re-keying the doors.

I also pulled the tailgate glass and regulator to figure out what was going on with the window.

Of course since I had it all apart today it decided to rain....at least there wasn't any carpet to ruin...aua

The downside is that I discovered my tailgate window crank and pretty much all the associated small parts are shot. The clutch had come off the crank assembly and broke the rear of the crank at the same time...ouch.

DIESELGREEN

Went over to Napa sunday and replaced the motor mounts!! For those of you who may find this helpful, the correct GM part number is 459021. Napa had them in stock, about 25 bucks for both, and same part number for both sides. Cheers![thumbzup]

odonnys

I replaced all belts, changed all fluids and filters (oil,trans,fuel,diff) thought about installing a stereo, I changed my mind about the stereo and thought about putting a mic under the hood and hooking it up to
some speakers in the cab (to be able to tune into 100.9 FM "the home of d d d dieeeesel r r roooock":driver:, lubed everything like it's going out of style, replaced wiper blades, replaced heater switch, made a console, installed off road lights, installed air horn, installed license plate light, installed a cb radio and police scanner, and had a custom cover made to cover the rear seat when it is folded forward. This summer I plan on repainting interior and exterior, spraying bed liner in the bed and floor of the cab,and fabricating a bikini top to offer some shade to the people lucky enough to ride in the back seat.

Jerchambers

Replaced both alternator belts, windshield wiper motor from another chevy truck, new wiper blades, new review mirror, replaced starter/battery cable, doghead relay, jimmy rigged a wing nut mount for the spare tire, and hmmm... I am sure there is more... Will add later.

chevymike

Fearing the worst, I decided to tackle replacing the glow plugs. With a very happy surprise, all of them came out without any issues and none showed any signs of swelling. [thumbzup]

I replaced them with a set of Kennedy Diesel Quick Heat glow plugs. Changed all of the connectors over to 1/4" spade type and had everything done in about an hour. Fired right up and should be good for quite a while. :jumpin:

caladin

Fearing the worst, I decided to tackle replacing the glow plugs. With a very happy surprise, all of them came out without any issues and none showed any signs of swelling. [thumbzup]

I replaced them with a set of Kennedy Diesel Quick Heat glow plugs. Changed all of the connectors over to 1/4" spade type and had everything done in about an hour. Fired right up and should be good for quite a while. :jumpin:
Kennedy Diesel Quick Heat glow plugs... tell me more please? First time I have heard of this.

chevymike

Kennedy Diesel Quick Heat glow plugs... tell me more please? First time I have heard of this.
I found out about them from TheDieselPage.com site. Bunch of testing and they found that these were better than AC-60 and when I bought them a few weeks back, they were on sale for $68 for a set of 8. Just check and they are back at their normal price of $80 for a set of 8.

http://www.kennedydiesel.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.