• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjinga

I just bought my M1009 from my 16 yo son (actually the bill of sale from January was in my name anyway) on Sunday. On Monday I installed the seatcovers correctly, ditched the tree-shaped air fresher, the aftermarket 4x4 shifter, the John Deere tag, and scraped off the matching grenade decals from the side windows. (He actually asked "You don't like the decals?") :cookoo:

91W350

I towed my M1009 home after it died. My son said it just quit, I have fuel to the filter, it spins but does not sound like the injectors are getting fuel....not enough time to look further. I fueled my M1008 for the first time since April 5th. He is driving it now, so I am sure the fuel will go much faster. Glen

johnny01986

Just bought an 86' M1009. Cleaned out the rest of the rapidly deteriorating rubber floor covering, made a quick fix of a leaking fuel tank (new tank on order), and did some general cleaning. Pics to follow later.

rjinga

Took some double-sided adhesive picture hanging "tape" and attached a press on/off light to the inside of cab roof. Crude, but effective.

ParamediCUCV

Rebuilt the GEN 2 alt. after windshield wipers died during heavy rain on the highway. Stopped at a gas station, opened the hood, and ducked as sparks flew all over the place. Ended up that the plastic washer insulator on (+) post broke, and the bolt was arch welding itself to the housing. 45 mins to fix, 3 hours to get the %#*& alternator back into place. The fun continues!!:lol:

HoJoPo

Went down to CA DMV, transferred title, had them change the body style from PK to MH (a M1010 is more of a motorhome than a pickup, and that's what mine is becoming), and requested my amateur radio call sign plate.

Unfortunately, the whole system went into suspense on the amateur radio plate, so after the paperwork gets through Sacramento, I may have to make another DMV visit, or send them a check for the new plates.

I did get the Thetford Porta-Potti, and have an Engel fridge to put in it. If they give me any trouble on the body change, I'll make sure I have them in the back on my next DMV visit. :)

They also corrected the month sticker on the plate, and gave me a move permit good until July just in case the system gets updated before I get the new plates, so that CHP won't pull me over for having invalid plates.

Only took them 1 1/2 hours to figure it all out. :lol:

rod

Fixed my starting issues by replacing my Glow Plug Relay on the engine firewall.

Next up - replace my Speedometer cable to correct the needle bounce. Tried 2 different Speedometers and they both bounce. Its gotta be the cable of the transmissin adapter of yellow gear.

HoJoPo

You are lucky, with my MV reg it took 4 visits and three calls to state over week and a half time period.:jumpin:
Oh, they're not done, as I mentioned, they just sent it all to Sacramento. I expect to at least have to send them a check (or maybe pay online, as they do a lot online now), and possibly have to make a return visit.

I wish she'd have processed the title / body changes first, then the amateur plate.... ;)

edpdx

Bought a M416 from a guy in Washington. It's in pretty good shape. I have to weld the lunette ring back on- was cut off for a standard ball hitch- luckily they only removed the ring. Needs a sand blasting and paint. I'll post pics later.

I'll have to find a spare as well. If you know of one, let me know.

hmsgoodhope

Replaced milspec tires that had dry rot with 4 New Goodyear AT tires. Purchased and mounted new brushguard to replace original that looks like it meet "resistance" prior to my pick up at GL. Still looking for parts to start restoration. Ordered scanner and radio for mounting as part of restoration. Looking for milspec "looking" antennas for restoration. Purchased two radio mounts/w brush guards for mounting in restoration. Purchased NOS cargo carrier cover. Started sanding wood seats and sides for restoration. Started sanding "easy" rusted metal areas for restoration. Looking for 24/12 V reducer/convertor to drive 12V Radio/Scanner/GPS, etc. Still looking for tailgate and drivers side door for replacement.

HoJoPo

Replaced milspec tires that had dry rot with 4 New Goodyear AT tires. Purchased and mounted new brushguard to replace original that looks like it meet "resistance" prior to my pick up at GL. Still looking for parts to start restoration. Ordered scanner and radio for mounting as part of restoration. Looking for milspec "looking" antennas for restoration. Purchased two radio mounts/w brush guards for mounting in restoration. Purchased NOS cargo carrier cover. Started sanding wood seats and sides for restoration. Started sanding "easy" rusted metal areas for restoration. Looking for 24/12 V reducer/convertor to drive 12V Radio/Scanner/GPS, etc. Still looking for tailgate and drivers side door for replacement.
Amazon has a 24v to 12v 30 amp converter by Pyle, but they're out of stock:

Amazon.com: Pyle PSWNV720 24V DC to 12V DC Power Step Down 720 Watt Converter with PMW Technology: Electronics

It's rated 30 amp continuous, 60 amp surge.

wrex

Amazon has a 24v to 12v 30 amp converter by Pyle, but they're out of stock:

Amazon.com: Pyle PSWNV720 24V DC to 12V DC Power Step Down 720 Watt Converter with PMW Technology: Electronics

It's rated 30 amp continuous, 60 amp surge.
I just ran two sets of wires from each battery, through the firewall and into separate bus bars for 12v each. Much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks