• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan77

you have to go to a sherwin williams industrial coating store not the regular store!!! In Chicago land area theres only 2 stores stuff cost 75 a gal for the paint and the hardner is 100 a gal, but it works nice, smells good and clean up is a snap.

ryan77

Thanks, but like I said: my local Sherwin Williams store had no clue what I was asking for and couldn't find anything in their computer (I do suspect they are idiots, though). Maybe I'll just try a different one.
Look up the exact part number and give it to them or your going to risk getting the wrong stuff because like most retail places there brain dead.

True Knight

Lol, too true. This state is retarded. I think I'll just get the stuff from MilSpray.
You're pretty far from me, but I found a local Sherwin Williams Chemical Coatings store and the guy new exactly what I wanted the second he saw the part number. He even knew most of the prices off the top of his head. As with most stores, I think you have to talk to the right person, but sadly most stores don't have that right person on the payroll... Ha ha.

wrex

You're pretty far from me, but I found a local Sherwin Williams Chemical Coatings store and the guy new exactly what I wanted the second he saw the part number. He even knew most of the prices off the top of his head. As with most stores, I think you have to talk to the right person, but sadly most stores don't have that right person on the payroll... Ha ha.

I'll try a few other local SW stores, before resorting to ordering on the web then. Thanks.

soule64

I was at the local Sherwin Williams place asking about CARC - He told me he had a gallon each of green, brown and black but they were a few months past their shelf life and couldn't be used on a government contract. I told him it was for personal use and got them at discount for $30 ea...

ryan77

Broke the rear hatch window crank. Lol. GD it.

I just put a new one on i got from lmc truck lasted 5 mins and the handle broke off... Made in China P.O.S..........

Replace tailgate weather strip and door weather strip, still gota find a dash cover.......

wrex

Broke the rear hatch window crank. Lol. GD it.
Yea me too
I just put a new one on i got from lmc truck lasted 5 mins and the handle broke off... Made in China P.O.S..........
Ugh! Guess I won't be buying that from there, then. Anyone know of any good alternative sources? I have to say that the OEM is pretty bad too, not sure if it's worth the extra $ to get that.

ryan77

next one I do I'm putting a **** power rear window so far I'm on blazer #4 in my life and everyone has a broken rear crank....... Sum bitches...........lol

wrex

next one I do I'm putting a **** power rear window so far I'm on blazer #4 in my life and everyone has a broken rear crank....... Sum bitches...........lol
Yeah, I thought about that too but was really trying to avoid putting in any electrical dependencies (locks, windows, etc). I might break down and do the rear alone though, just the same.

rjinga

I took off the camo seat covers and steering wheel cover that my son had put on. I wasn't crazy about the pattern, fit, and the fact that being nylon they didn't breath at all. Also, my son has a friend that wants to buy them.

The new ones are adjustable along the sides of the back of the seat for a more custom fit. They are also made of a fabric that should breath, and have lots of pockets and stuff on the back and sides.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.