• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

combatmech

As promised....pics. The CEC18 caps fit pretty well on their own. I applied some RTV sealant to the outside ring of the cap and to the antenna hole. Slip in the cap and remove the excess sealant. Keeps the water out just fine

Attachments

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Bike carrier

I wanted a way to haul one of my mil bikes without having to use a trailer. Had a 20% off Harbor coupon plus they had their 400 lb max receiver hitch bike rack on sale for 133. Didn't want to add a receiver to the M1009 so got 2 hunks of 2X4X3/8 and 2 pieces of 1 1/2 X3/8 square to weld in as filler and 2" angle . Drilled 2 holes for the hitch pins and all I need now is to paint it.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oldsouthernboy

I in my wandering came across a odeyessy power port. I went and installed in my M1028 in the ashtray hole and grounded out to the ground point under the dash. Ran power from the front battery from a fuse terminal to in engine area.

camp9

GONE ARE THE WOES OF THE STANADYNE MODEL 80! Just finished installing my Racor 400R/ R60T mod. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! Complete with fuel heater and WIF sensor.
When you say what a difference, you mean it runs better, or just the thought of not having to deal with the old system? What advantage of heating the oil?

Camp

DIESELGREEN

Do you have any pics of the derale pan?

Camp
Not right now. Look it up at summit racing, part number 14202. It has a bung for a temp sensor, but you can't use it because it's right up against the front driveshaft. I used the pressure port on the left side of the transmission case for the temp probe.

Hightechken

MWMULE, That bike rack is great! When you get a chance could you post a photo or two of how you attached the steel tube to the frame/bumper/shackle lift points?

Disciple

Breather Valve had been leaking some oil for a while. Finally got around to pulling it off, cleaned it up nice inside and out, replaced the hose clamp and I think that fixed it. I think it had just gotten all gummed up and/or clogged at some point. Oil change, pulled the wiper motor assembly apart because the sprayer hasn't been working right for a while. I think it wasn't getting suction, air leak. Cleaned it up pretty well and tightened it back up. It started pumping, but the white plastic gear inside was sticking, also leading to the intermittent problem, so I pulled that off and the grease that was originally in there was more like glue. Cleaned that all off and re-greased it. I can see where I'm going now! Next up: dedicated tranny cooler (I tow really heavy trailers often), 4" ORD lift kit, 27" HMMWV tires and beadlocks. Also need to repack front bearings and replace diff and transfer case seals. Yippy!

OL AG '89

Started stereo install......

pics to follow.

I used "nibbler" to trim the stock radio hole. WOW how cool is the "nibbler" tool!!!! I figured it would take forever to cut through dash. and then I mashed the trigger on the "nibbler" and I was practically done.....
IT's an AIR POWERED Nibbler..... by craftsman

new pics... looking for the afters...???

Attachments

OL AG '89

I did the Monstaliner Bed Liner install this past weekend 6-25/6-26-11...
Only used 1 gal of 2 gal kit......
It looks GREAT....
Still smells a little but the truck sits closed up all day in the heat. I hope the smell goes away with time!!!!
Here are some before pics

Attachments

OL AG '89

and last couple for Monstaliner install....
I think the 1 gal application will be thick enough. I don't haul anything but people and dogs in the truck, so shouldn't see too much abuse. If it looks like it's getting beat up, I'll apply the 2nd gal in the next couple of months.... shelf life of 12 months...

Attachments

Last edited:

OL AG '89

Not right now. Look it up at summit racing, part number 14202. It has a bung for a temp sensor, but you can't use it because it's right up against the front driveshaft. I used the pressure port on the left side of the transmission case for the temp probe.
I'm looking at adding the gauges, but want to keep the idiot lights. Did you keep lights or just replace with gauges. If you kept gauges what additional connections did you use to add the gauges? Electrical or mechanical? I'm looking at electric, just because I don't hot oil finding its way into cab....

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks