• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hightechken

That's one of the GREAT features of having old military trucks! NO 600 grit sand paper needed! And a few minor flaws in a paint job just make it look more original!

truck1

I'm addicted.Just bought a M1028 from a fellow member who is also a great guy.I've already changed the oil and filter,did the "Doghead",replaced all the v-belts,checked the glow plug relay-already updated by Uncle Sam,ordered a complete 4" lift kit from ORD,and bought 16.5" GM old school steely wheels and 16.5" Humvee tires.And I've only had the rig for 2days!Man this truck runs great!I averaged 22 MPG on I-5 doing 50-55.I like driving this rig more than my Ram 2500.Thanks Devin!
:beer:

rjinga

Replaced the old "push them through and then spread them apart" cotter pins on the D-rings with hairpin-style (?) cotter pins. After spending what seemed like 10 minutes getting the old pin out so that I could attach my recovery strap in the middle of the woods, I decided it was time to make a change.

chief1983

After getting my flex plate replaced since it decided to round out 4 bolt holes and then rip them out, I fixed the tailgate crank so it doesn't fall out in your hands any more when unlocked. Works like new now! Also installed Battery Bugs and a freeze plug block heater a while back.

Terracoma

I've been capping all the openings with a glove and a zip-tie to keep any critters from getting inside.

But I guess the coolant trapped in the block migrated a little during the engine removal...

:oops:

bronco74

I just drove 3 hours to pick up a new tailgate for my 1009. It is a brand new factory GM gate (still had the gm sticker) for a great price. Truck was hit at one time dead center in the rear. Still need the bracket that the pintal/trailer plug mounts to complete the repair.

True Knight

Found a 6.5 turbo for $250 - all parts including the blocker plate, oil line mods, etc. Will be putting it on this weekend.
Wow great deal! I would love to find a complete kit. All the ones I have seen for sale are missing lots of parts. And the places that still sell the Banks Sidewinder kit are selling it for way too much $$$.

chevkeith

I'd suggest looking on craigslist. The guy i bought mine from had 3 more just like it. And fortunately, he was in the middle of a turbo conversion so i got plenty of tips on what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks