• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately? - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPCWarning

....removed the antenna mount, boxed it up for shipment to a fellow SS member along with the dash mount plate and antenna retainer clip/rope. The antenna mount was a BEAST to remove. Had to grind the heads off the bolts! Now I got a few holes to fill when I start the body work.....more to come

Attachments

hogtruck

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crude, but effective tire mount for 37" 12 bolt with runflat. Also, a little primer for the rust. Still needs paint. Put in hoist to lift spare and beer cooler.

Along with repacking front wheel bearings, replaced tie rod ends, drag link, harmonic balancer, and new king pin bushings and springs.

Attachments

Last edited:

topgun217

Just got done putting in new window chanel/felt in the M1009. The driver side was normal and is alot tighter now. I don't know who replaced the passenger before me, but the glass was on the outside of the channel.:cookoo: I used the LMC replacements and I'm happy now, no more whistleing going down the road.

It's off to pilage the loca junk yard on friday with a buddy' We spotted a civi blazer that was just brought in earlier in the week. Who knows maybe new front seats and a power unit for the rear window......Its gonna be like x-mas!:jumpin:

BlueToes

Put in a set of glow plugs. Made a world of difference. Would'nt start without plugging in at 32 degrees. Tested and found six to be bad. All set for winter now.

SPCWarning

Crude but better dash cover

Dash was chewed up by a lion or some other critter before I got it, sacrificed two heavy duty chemical aprons I've had laying around in the shop for years and made a "cover". It works, it's covered, it's cleaner looking, and no it isn't factory, and no it isn't being restored so I used what I had available. It looks MUCH better than before. The pic was right after I installed it so it was still dusty and it has actually formed itself to the dash better. It cleans up nice (raining now but I'll get better pics asap if anyone's interested. If any of yall are having to look over the cracks in your dash and don't want to cough up the cost of a new one, you could by a yard or two of cheap vinyl in the color of your choice, remove the screws holding the dash pad, remove the cover, break off the bad cracked parts, fit and trim the vinyl to fit, glue it on with liquid nails or equivalent, and have a decent dash cover for cheap...........just a thought and it works!

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks