• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

Assel

No, in the headlamps I´ve put some Phillips +60% bulbs , they work fine for me. (Im not 100% sure if its really phillips but im sure it said +60% on the package...is like 2 years ago that i`ve replaced the old ones)

I doubt LED headlamps are legal here in germany ....

Ilikemtb999

More info please, didn't see anything on this with a quick search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The NSN # is 2910-01-466-6264. The instructions are for an hmmwv but was pretty easy to figure out. Mounts to the bracket that holds the throttle cable and pedal and then I snaked the cable under the dash and mounted the knob to the left of the steering wheel on the steering column cover.

IMG_9239.JPG

Kaiser67M715

The NSN # is 2910-01-466-6264. The instructions are for an hmmwv but was pretty easy to figure out. Mounts to the bracket that holds the throttle cable and pedal and then I snaked the cable under the dash and mounted the knob to the left of the steering wheel on the steering column cover.
That is perfect, thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 662502
I wouldn't mount anything there; there's a reason that panel is smooth the way it is. It can change a minor accident from a walk-away-with-some-scratches thing to permanent disability. Just my two cents...

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really like your idea of adding a HMMWV throttle control, Ilikemtb999! [thumbzup] I use an aluminum baseball bat as a hand throttle, I have a backup hand throttle - a metal handle from a small push broom. Both work for now, but someday I may follow in your footsteps. Please post more pictures of how you attached the throttle cable to the pedal. :)

With all due respect, I agree with Mainsail. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. I literally walked away from a very bad 65 MPH combined speed head-on collision. I was in a 1987 Dodge Diplomat. No air bag (thank God). I hit an SUV. My knees cracked the dashboard. I needed 9 stitches above my left eye from my head bouncing off of the steering wheel. I had no broken bones, but I had severe internal bruising, bruised sternum, ribs, lungs, knees, arms, etc. The cut on my eyelid was very close to my eye. It's a miracle that I didn't lose the ability to see out of my left eye. The investigating officer on scene wrote that there should have been a fatality (me).

Any major accident will cause your body to rapidly head towards the dash, even with a seat belt. The curved dash directs your legs downward. The location of the throttle control is bad. Very bad. The throttle control will become embedded in your knee or leg. It might break bones, sever tendons, or wreck cartilage. Worst case your femoral artery is punctured and you bleed out REALLY quick.

Ilikemtb999

Ya know, not something I put any thought in to. The placement was mainly dictated by the cable length. I may see if it'll work somewhere in the middle area of the dash. It's not something I need quick access to as if I'm using it I'll most likely be stuck and winching.

ODFever

Madness Takes Its Toll...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will the cable fit in the left radio knob hole? If you move the cable to that hole, will it reach the throttle pedal bracket?

Ilikemtb999

The cable is too long to put on the right side of the column in the same space so not sure if slightly higher would work. Once it warms up a bit outside I'll get out there and see if it could snake up under the dash a bit more and see. Was also thinking the ash tray area might work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks