• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

83k30

New heater core, new power steering pump, new harmonic balancer and seal, oil cooler lines, front and rear diff service, rear pinion seal, put both batteries on the rear tray with new terminals and cleaned up the old cable routing.IMG_20191230_162139757.jpg

MarcusOReallyus

I am going to try to clean the wiring up and replace what I can while I am waiting for the starter to come back from the shop.

Get some new cables made at BestBoatWire. Fast service, not expensive, and great quality.

I'm wouldn't recommend re-inventing the wiring. Just replace the existing relay with a better quality relay. It only draws 9 amps, so any good quality automotive relay will do.

Some never have trouble with the starter relay. Some do.

MarcusOReallyus

Oh, man! That's nasty! He must have been moving pretty fast!

I've been rear-ended a few times. The worst was with me stopped, and he was doing 55. I still didn't get slammed as bad as that.

Please let us know if we can do anything.

As for the truck.... ah that'll buff right out! :D

Chaski

rear ended.
40 min extrication.
4 fractured ribs, fractured l7 something or other...
Still in Hospital on o2 due to difficulty breathing due to pain

Well- that isn't the best way to bring in the new year. Recover well - take care of yourself. It isn't fun to have a chunk of your time on this earth consumed by the actions of some other idiot. I know it sounds corny but hopefully you can find something you have been meaning to do to occupy yourself while recovering. Read up on things that interest you, learn how to do something you have had on the back burner etc. Try to steer clear of the nastier pain killers, stay positive and like what was already said don't feel bad about asking for whatever you need on the forum.

Peter

rustystud

rear ended.
40 min extrication.
4 fractured ribs, fractured l7 something or other...
Still in Hospital on o2 due to difficulty breathing due to pain

WOW !
Glad your still alive !
Be thankful you where in a real vehicle. If you had been in one of these new "plastic" things you would have been talking with GOD today !

SDJunkMan

Get some new cables made at BestBoatWire. Fast service, not expensive, and great quality.

I'm wouldn't recommend re-inventing the wiring. Just replace the existing relay with a better quality relay. It only draws 9 amps, so any good quality automotive relay will do.

Some never have trouble with the starter relay. Some do.
Not changing the way it's wired, just replacing some of the wires that have been spliced several times. The wire from the firewall to the starter has 4 splices in it!

chevymike

This week I have been working on the cooling system. Was hoping to just flush out the radiator, replace hoses, add my Paradox By Design cooling it and refill with new coolant. After draining the radiator, it was looking like it would need to be boiled out. Took it down to the radiator shop and found it was going to need the core replaced. Awaiting that to be completed.

Worked on swapping over to the Humvee crossover tube which allows an easier hookup for the Paradox By Design cooling kit. Got the rear cooling port changed over to the ones in the kit and hooked up the lines that go up to the crossover. Not pictured but I also swapped the oil sender to my new Speedhut gauges one. Once I get the radiator back, I can finish this all up with new hoses and ELC coolant.

Also removed the hitch and sold it to another member.

1228191420.jpg

1228191542.jpg

1228191542_HDR.jpg

1229191413_HDR.jpg

1229191414a.jpg

1229191457a_HDR.jpg

0101201121.jpg

0101201229_HDR.jpg

0101201228_HDR.jpg

Attachments

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Chevymike, looking forward to doing the same Paradox by Design upgrade, have a Humvee crossover and already had the radiator re-cored a while back. Really waiting on dryer weather to do the work, do appreciate your photos as it lets me visually walk thru the install.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks