• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your CUCV today/lately - Part 2

87cr250r

The hardest part about doing the injection pump is getting the intake manifold bolts out. They're the double ended ones and if the bolt breaks loose before the but does you have to figure out how to get a wrench under th fuel like bracket. I make sure to torque them during assembly and then a light snug on the nut.

Take your fuel lines off in pairs. Don't undo the brackets that between lines.

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Update on my losing power issue.

Drove it yesterday and she starts right up and no issues whatsoever until you need to put your foot into it a bit.
Problem was worse. Not a lot but noticeable.
Exhausting every possible failure point before IP removal.

Is my fuel pump going out?
I cracked the bleed screw and cranked it (pink wire off) and no issues there. Great fuel flow

Used bore scope to check for water in fuel tank and condition of pickup sock.
Everything fine there……

I installed another new wix fuel filter.
Bingo!!

Truck runs normal now and plenty of power, well….., for a CUCV.
Clearly my almost new wix fuel filter that was installed a few months ago was bad.
Why? Didn’t have a clue.

Disassembled the “bad” filter and discovered the issue.
The paper filter element is held into place with some sort of really strong glue.
Some of this glue had somehow gotten out of place and blocked the fuel intake port just ever so slightly.
Don’t know why problem seemed worse, but just a different day’s perception

Random quality failure.
I didn’t take pics unfortunately

Best part!!
I don’t have to take my IP off just yet. !!

This is the first problem I’ve ever had with wix.
I will continue to use them and will probably never have an issue again.

Edit;
I am planning this fall having the pump rebuilt.
I have a complete set of NOS fuel injection lines in case one doesn’t cooperate during removal.

Another Ahab

Update on my losing power issue.

Clearly my almost new wix fuel filter that was installed a few months ago was bad.
Why? Didn’t have a clue.

Disassembled the “bad” filter and discovered the issue.
The paper filter element is held into place with some sort of really strong glue.
Some of this glue had somehow gotten out of place and blocked the fuel intake port just ever so slightly.
Glad for you, Tinstar, that you solved that problem.

Life is good when a problem has a clear-cut resolution. Not always that easy. Good, though, when it is; you know?!