• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Ryan31783

I have been working on building a water tender and making some changes on another, between mounting a pump to a transfer case to change the direction of the pump, but to also make it 2 speed… then have been working on a now finished interior kit and finalizing parts for a center console for the fire truck, and also reverse engineered the dash reinforcement panels and door strap mounts for the door limiting straps.

Attachments

j_boucher

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Reliable in your experience? I see lots of them around. I also have the smaller 14volt version. This one seems robust, 1500va transformer inside and very large smoothing capacitors.
Never had issues with them even with all the dust and dirt and two theaters of use / Did blow up one when the camera had short and it made a very loud Bang

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been working on building a water tender and making some changes on another, between mounting a pump to a transfer case to change the direction of the pump, but to also make it 2 speed… then have been working on a now finished interior kit and finalizing parts for a center console for the fire truck, and also reverse engineered the dash reinforcement panels and door strap mounts for the door limiting straps.
Does that t-case mount to the existing one or between? That's pretty cool

Ryan31783

Does that t-case mount to the existing one or between? That's pretty cool
The transfer case is the yellow Dana that’s mounted to the frame of the truck but the pump is mounted to the top of the trucks transmission/transfer case. It shouldn’t be too big of a deal because it shouldn’t ever be subjected to a shock load. It should be pretty linear. The pump mount is all .25”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MatthewWBailey

Father, Husband and Barn Hermit
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The transfer case is the yellow Dana that’s mounted to the frame of the truck but the pump is mounted to the top of the trucks transmission/transfer case. It shouldn’t be too big of a deal because it shouldn’t ever be subjected to a shock load. It should be pretty linear. The pump mount is all .25”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So how is the Dana case driven?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks