• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Another Ahab

I covered my door panels with a nice material made in USA from recycled water bottles, and installed side flood lights and 2 of the 4 camera DVR system. That material is at Southern California Costcos 6 ft by 9 ft roll for $14!

Nice looking installation.

What did you use for adhesive, contact cement maybe; or is the product self-adhesive?

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice looking installation.

What did you use for adhesive, contact cement maybe; or is the product self-adhesive?
I just used 3M super 77 adhesive. It's really extremely easy with this stuff it doesn't have any backing really just a thin membrane. Would probably go good over speaker grills as well

Sent from my S62 Pro using Tapatalk

INFChief

I covered my door panels with a nice material made in USA from recycled water bottles, and installed side flood lights and 2 of the 4 camera DVR system. That material is at Southern California Costcos 6 ft by 9 ft roll for $14!

Was looking at your cameras. I’m not familiar with any vehicle cameras; is this a 4 channel unit? It looks like each camera has 2 parts. Is that correct? If so, what is each part for? Lastly, do you have 1 monitor and need to toggle back & forth or is it 1 monitor with 4 ‘screens’? Thanks.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Was looking at your cameras. I’m not familiar with any vehicle cameras; is this a 4 channel unit? It looks like each camera has 2 parts. Is that correct? If so, what is each part for? Lastly, do you have 1 monitor and need to toggle back & forth or is it 1 monitor with 4 ‘screens’? Thanks.
The cameras have an adjustable aiming ball camera inside of a streamlined housing. It's a four camera system that makes a bird's eye view over your vehicle shows a rear view when you back up and also shows each side when you turn on the turn signals.
The lights are completely separate those are Quake LED flood lights that my sister gave me because she worked there for a while and got a discount. I just installed them at the same time because I was running wires along the same pathways for all of them.

ramdough

That looks great!

What was the fabric from? A patio area rug or something specific? What section?

I might go get me some if my Costco has any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That looks great!

What was the fabric from? A patio area rug or something specific? What section?

I might go get me some if my Costco has any.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was in the middle by the outdoor furniture and fake grass. It's technically an area rug. Good for sticking Velcro patches to also. Got the idea from Dave Anderson, his YouTube channel Helicool's Helipad.

INFChief

I picked up 18 of these work lights from a GP auction. I ordered cable and Amphenol connectors to make power cables. Waiting on one style connector to arrive. Cable lengths are 35’ & 40’. I will exchange the bulb for a 12V unit or mount a separate connector receptacle at the front and mid section of the vehicle to connect to. Have considered putting a receptacle at the rear as well.

Attachments

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I picked up 18 of these work lights from a GP auction. I ordered cable and Amphenol connectors to make power cables. Waiting on one style connector to arrive. Cable lengths are 35’ & 40’. I will exchange the bulb for a 12V unit or mount a separate connector receptacle at the front and mid section of the vehicle to connect to. Have considered putting a receptacle at the rear as well.
Man I love that holder!

muddiver

Since I'm going to be running wires, might as well get out the unused LED bars leftover from my previous projects... I could get a few more to supplement them for pretty cheap and pick up some wire too...

🤔

I'll do a 30 cal can as a power center to keep things "simple"

But I might as well do the rear camera as a rearview for function and safety.

And since this is a utilitarian truck, a bed camera for load monitoring is a good safety addition for peace of mind. Just a few more wires...View attachment 840627View attachment 840628View attachment 840629View attachment 840630View attachment 840631View attachment 840632
Anding lights is a great idea..Where I live it get unbelievable dark in the winter..I bought a box of LED lights to put on..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks