• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Ive sat at my bench for hrs with pics / tentioners /rakes watching the LOCK PICKING LAWYER on youtube and i havent gotten one open yet ! If you put an ABLOY puck on those doors they will still be on the doors when you come back !
At one point in time, I had a friend who spent "time in the klink". He spent time teaching me lock picking when I was in my 20's and I remember that a Master Lock is the easiest lock to pick. Shoot it, and it is tough. Pick it though, just by raking the tumblers is just as fast as a key. A Slaymaker lock just about can't be picked - but two pairs of pliers - and it pops open.

Quality. There is a difference for sure!

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kept seeing the 'in memorial' on your avatar... I knew you were honoring Ron with him as your pic, but made it look like you were dead as well...
I do still think about Ron many days and other members we have lost such as Mike and Tigger and more. Sadly that is life. You did remind me I do need to change my profile. Thanks @TechnoWeenie

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I really liked the puck lock holder looks great ! I have to ask are these thing made to hold onto these heavy pucks when the cab jacks up and crowns over will it shake it loose to fall thru the windshield so maybe a piece of velcro over it as a back up safety
I went through bumps and whoops in Ocotillo Wells so hard that my friend flew out of his seat! Puck stayed in one spot and the holder didn't break. If you want one buy one now before I raise the price because I included shipping and I realized I'm barely making anything now on it.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went through bumps and whoops in Ocotillo Wells so hard that my friend flew out of his seat! Puck stayed in one spot and the holder didn't break. If you want one buy one now before I raise the price because I included shipping and I realized I'm barely making anything now on it.
And anyway this is a great spot to place it where you see it in this photo because then when you shut the door it's in the loop formed by the grab handle.
IMG_20221204_123728.jpg

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I kept looking at the holder thinking that it looks like the ears pinch in on the puck im just looking at cab up things closer now to keep from future mishaps when cab is up and maybe going the puck direction in the future thanks

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doing an early oil change on my 3126 since somebody tampered with my oil fill plug by yanking it out in the middle of the night and possibly putting something in but I don't know for sure. Caterpillar dealer had the CAT filter for $27, NAPA Auto parts down the street had the wix filter for $66! Of course I got the CAT filter. Since there is different information about it holding 22 versus 25 quarts, I have 22 quarts in it now. I started it and let it run for several minutes and then shut it off and I'm waiting. Checked the dipstick after about 10 minutes it still barely came to the ball of the dipstick. I will check again in 30 minutes and then add more if necessary. This is actually the first oil change I've done with this truck since I only put under 2000 miles on it since I bought it and the dealer that bought it from the military auction had put all new fluids and filters in it.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doing an early oil change on my 3126 since somebody tampered with my oil fill plug by yanking it out in the middle of the night and possibly putting something in but I don't know for sure. Caterpillar dealer had the CAT filter for $27, NAPA Auto parts down the street had the wix filter for $66! Of course I got the CAT filter. Since there is different information about it holding 22 versus 25 quarts, I have 22 quarts in it now. I started it and let it run for several minutes and then shut it off and I'm waiting. Checked the dipstick after about 10 minutes it still barely came to the ball of the dipstick. I will check again in 30 minutes and then add more if necessary. This is actually the first oil change I've done with this truck since I only put under 2000 miles on it since I bought it and the dealer that bought it from the military auction had put all new fluids and filters in it.
What's the CAT filter number? Baldwin is usually pretty high quality and significantly less expensive.

Get out of the city. It's not going to get any better.

Lostchain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did this myself when I changed my oil pump. 6 gallons of CAT oil still didn’t fill it up so I bought a gallon of delo at the local Napa and had toput another 2 quarts or so in, definitely give it time to drain down after adding.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just did this myself when I changed my oil pump. 6 gallons of CAT oil still didn’t fill it up so I bought a gallon of delo at the local Napa and had toput another 2 quarts or so in, definitely give it time to drain down after adding.
6 gallons and 1 quart is what it took for the oil to be at the normal level. That matches up with the 25 quarts that I read. My streets at an angle and my driveway is at an angle so I had to park at at a certain angle on my driveway with blocks under two of the wheels to level it out.

TechnoWeenie

Steel Soldiers Supporter

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished up this project that will make someone's dream come true. This winch model M1078 had a bad engine so I gave it another Cat but from an MTV. With 290 horses under the hood (cab?) and 16.00's it will move. When the turbo spools it puts your butt in the seat. It was painted, doors rebuilt, etc so I'm overly pleased to see complete.

2023-06-23 17.47.00.jpg

Last edited:

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ready for independence day! The real Independence Day not that other one that some people just recently celebrated by causing a bunch of mischief..

I had the strong urge to mount these upside down but I suppressed it for the moment...
Anyway let the fireworks light up the sky!
IMG_20230701_161229.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks