• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your FMTV or LMTV today

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_0288.jpgIMG_0281.jpgIMG_0291.jpgIMG_0293.jpg

Gonna do the parade of lights next weekend and all of the lights I ordered arrived today so why not get them on the truck. Santa will ride in the back and will be lowered to the ground in my crane. We are working on a chair for the crane this weekend. Should be a blast. I will post pictures after the event.

Third From Texas

So the burning question now is this. Do I try and find someone with a tan top who needs a camo top and trade? Or do I paint the truck to match the top?
Saw this one kinda out your way...

EDIT: nevermind, they are for an MTV

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would post pictures of my nearly complete custom interior i built for my M1083A1.
I measured and remodeled an FMTV CAD model I downloaded, designed everything in SolidWorks, cut the panels from tempered fiberboard, glued on foam mylar insulation in the back, and screwed it into the cab after I dynamatted and filled every crevasse with foam sheets and spray foam. Next is a radio console in the top middle, and top side panels.

Attachments

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thought I would post pictures of my nearly complete custom interior i built for my M1083A1.
I measured and remodeled an FMTV CAD model I downloaded, designed everything in SolidWorks, cut the panels from tempered fiberboard, glued on foam mylar insulation in the back, and screwed it into the cab after I dyna-matted and filled every crevasse with foam sheets and spray foam. Next is a radio console in the top middle, and top side panels.

My friend Dave just installed my new puck lock holders... Get yours today!
If you look closely at my interior photos I previously posted you can see a few of the other items I've designed, they will come available soon

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice…. I thought that was your tobacco holder.

Did you post it for sale yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't partake of any sort of tobacco, but you're welcome to use it for that!
Very first thing I did to the truck when it was delivered to my friend's ranch was installed these hasps the next day using Dave's video as reference. Then a few months ago I installed the door handles using the videos of endless adventure for reference.
IMG_20220730_161431.jpg

Mavcaster

I don't partake of any sort of tobacco, but you're welcome to use it for that!
Very first thing I did to the truck when it was delivered to my friend's ranch was installed these hasps the next day using Dave's video as reference. Then a few months ago I installed the door handles using the videos of endless adventure for reference.
View attachment 885639
Do you have a link to the video for the door handle replacement? I can’t find it on their channel.

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I posted the part numbers and everything before but here it is. I have included a template Don't print it out but rather make your own based upon these dimensions. It includes the dimensions to the edges of the door. When I mounted it like this slightly different than what he mounted it as in the video You don't need to modify any brackets. You do need to cut the access hole in the back but not necessarily as big as he did or as big as I did. The window pane came close to the bracket in the spring so I cut some flexible plastic sheet such that the window slides over it and doesn't touch. IMG_20220730_130819.jpg
IMG_20220730_154623.jpgIMG_20220809_111952.jpg
Screenshot_20221009-193853.pngIMG_20221206_161556.jpg

serpico760

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks