• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HEMTT/PLS/MK48 this week

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
As long as you hook up so his brakes function, I'd do it to get him to a safe spot. Just remember how big that load is!

Gunzy

So locally we have a guy with a hemtt. The only other MV's around here are m35's. If he broke down, I would assume we shouldn't even attempt it even just to get him off the roadway to a safe spot?? The hemtt is what? 38k lbs?
As long as you can connect brakes you should be fine to get to safe spot. Would move slow and cautiously and you would be fine.

nchittendon

Last question (i promise): at my work when we have a truck break down if we need to move it but the air tanks are empty, we can hook up the glad hands together from one truck to the other to air up the dead truck. Will this work with the hemtt from a deuce so the hemtt has temporary air brakes?

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last question (i promise): at my work when we have a truck break down if we need to move it but the air tanks are empty, we can hook up the glad hands together from one truck to the other to air up the dead truck. Will this work with the hemtt from a deuce so the hemtt has temporary air brakes?
It is AMASSING what can be found in the -10 ( operators manual), EVEN neat stuff like "HOW TO TOW THE TRUCK", it is a wonder some can even find the start switch.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Now now Ron your supposed to be the kinder gentler Ron lol.
Ken,
It takes GREAT effort to to keep the KGR on top, at times it is NOT worth the energy, being the number of truck owners asking -10 questions lately, I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to waste my time on trying to KEEP the KGR up front, if someone does not like my -10 statement about finding neat stuff in the -10, then READ the -10 BEFORE asking a -10 question.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In a emergency ONLY, the med. is rated at 39,000 lbs, the 8x8 weighs a lot more then that.

nchittendon

It is AMASSING what can be found in the -10 ( operators manual), EVEN neat stuff like "HOW TO TOW THE TRUCK", it is a wonder some can even find the start switch.
I'm not sure what amassing is? That must be another -10 term I'm not familiar with.
As previously mentioned, i'm not the one that owns a hemtt, another local guy does. I was inquiring in case I might ever have to help another MV'er out in a pinch. Thanks.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In the -10 it don't mention if I can tow a hemtt with my M1008. Is this safe?
NOT safe but can be done in a have to, the only reason it is NOT in the -10 is because the writers of the -10 did not think anyone was DUMB enough to try to tow a HEMMT down the road with a 1008. I know a member that towed a 4 wheel HEMMT trailer about 600 miles from hood with his wife's excursion, not the brightest move for two reasons, #1 the trailer was just a bit heavy for the excursion and #2, his wife FOUND out AFTER the fact what he did and the after conversation on the merits of this idea was not good. :deadhorse:

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Loved that vid; thanks for the treat. Are these guys Steel Soldiers?

My favorite was the Watermelon Wagon (somewhere in minute #2 or #3). What a hoot!

RDUKW

Have you seen this? Pretty cool. The drive by at 1:15 is kind of psycho though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xngww3ZEGfQ&t=319s

Psycho or a complete DUMB $hit. It is because of these types of iditots that it is getting harder to buy, insure and register these big trucks. That FPU should have NEVER been driven on the streets without a back half. It still never seizes to amaze me the stupidity of some people!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks