• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fabricated and installed a discrete fuel cutoff switch for the M1151A1 today. Ran the wiring, but to my disappointment, I was out of complete sets of packard connectors even though I had plenty of boots. Searched my electrical cabinet (cardboard box) and found some 14ga male and female bullet connectors (see a generic pic below). To my surprise, these fit perfectly inside the male and female rubber boots on the packard connectors. Once properly assembled, you can't tell the difference externally and they functioned great.

IMG_6575.jpg

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OBX....thanks for the inspiration!! Started work on my own GMV Cargo rails this weekend. Not perfect, but it's a start and melting metal always makes for a good time😎🤙
WOW! Your’s must be the strongest rails out there! They look great. 👍👍
I had my C-pillar/bulkhead and D-pillars sprayed with Line-X to encapsulate the steel to mitigate rusting. That barrier also helps to prevent rust staining where those parts attach to the aluminum fenders.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Personall, I’d lose the skins, the doors and truck look better with just the X-door.

I agree the stock X doors really fit the looks of the truck. I have thought about putting some bed coating on the inside of my X doors to insulate them a bit and make them quieter. They sure are much quieter as is compared to my old soft doors.

Mark

nairb

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the past month I got my m1123 titled and registered, replaced all the fuel lines, replaced the injection pump, painted the intake manifold and engine valley. Today I installed a soft top. Was finally able to drive down the street and back. Still need to check the hubs and replace the gear oil. Also, several lights that need fixin.

98A530AC-54C7-47D1-84DA-B5111B43B2A0_1_105_c.jpeg
33C992E0-5AAE-442F-AFD6-4F0B28B6CCA0_1_105_c.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks