• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Daves86

DWF CDR Looks like this
DWF CDR 3.JPG
The hose on the top goes to the sensor cup and (under the truck at the A pillar pass side) the smaller goes to the fording valve. sorry its not the best pic of the whole CDR.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Adding shims. That's a first for me. I had to take out a bunch to get it right. Hows the bushing ? elongated holes ? bend up arms? ball joints ? frame tweeked ? saggy springs?

No two Humv are alike, I guess, CAMO

Not all of these BUT a lot pulled at all locations.

IMG_5879.jpg

Last edited:

Lothar

Theres a 3 inch body lift on this truck that really helped with access. Everything is in great shape and all bushings and ball joints are new. Wasn't planning on pulling the arm but just couldn't bust the bottom rear bolts without an impact. With the truck jacked up and another jack under the bottom ball joint, it was suprisingly easy to pull the arm out and pop back in. Would like to get my hands on some more shims as I think I may need more. Need a trip to the alignment rack next.

Daves86

So I took this to make that
Tools 1.JPGTools 2.JPG
Used that to bend this
Comms 1.JPGComms 2.JPG
That mounts onto my cup holder with homemade keymod
Comms 3.JPG
To allow my new Comms box be where I can adjust it as needed
Comms 4.JPGComms 5A.JPG
This is the front two person, now I need to mount the rear panel and get the Fat 50 Storage mounts installed, Not sure where I want them yet, but it will come to me, or I'll just do it and fix it if I don't like it.
Comms 7A.JPG

HoveringHMMWV

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a fording exhaust since a snorkel was already in place. Not too difficult of a solo job if everything is kept loose during the install prior to tightening to spec. Replaced the thermal exhaust insulation for the tailpipe hanger since everything was disassembled as the original one was dry and cracked. That part arrived flat and needed to be bent into place which was a bear. Three of the four bolts were installed without too much trouble but that fourth needed to be reversed in order to complete. Also removed four of the eight glow plugs (passenger side) in preparation for their replacement's arrival.

IMG_7219.jpg

IMG_7220.jpg

IMG_7223.jpg

IMG_7222.JPG

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Installed a fording exhaust since a snorkel was already in place. Not too difficult of a solo job if everything is kept loose during the install prior to tightening to spec. Replaced the thermal exhaust insulation for the tailpipe hanger since everything was disassembled as the original one was dry and cracked. That part arrived flat and needed to be bent into place which was a bear. Three of the four bolts were installed without too much trouble but that fourth needed to be reversed in order to complete. Also removed four of the eight glow plugs (passenger side) in preparation for their replacement's arrival.

View attachment 831336

View attachment 831337

View attachment 831338

View attachment 831339
Good time to do a compression check...

Running solo here too, CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks