• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

Coonass77

Operation: Co-Pilot Traction Enhancement...

Made a template. Transferred it to a horse stall mat. Cut it out w/ a jigsaw. Beveled the edges w/ a router round-over bit. Installed. Fit like a glove. Co-pilot approved.

Attachments

tgejesse

Took 2 inches out of those little pesky armor fording exhaust… installed rain rails in place of the flying nun… windshield installation and new fording intake bracket!

Attachments

Autonomy_Lost

How easy was it to swap the blackout for the IR? was it a simple plug and play or did you have to rig the wiring to make it work?

thanks, Stephen
The wiring is already there, just need to swap out the connectors.

There is a mounting plate but it needed to move forward slightly to fit the IR light. So I had to drill some new holes in the hood. Honestly it wasnt super elegant, and there was probably a better way. But my hood is pretty jacked up already so I'm not worried about it.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received aluminum hinges for mounting aluminum doors to my Humvee. 6”wide x 20”long, 3/8” pin. Will trim excess material off one side of each as necessary. Will be through bolted. Vendor is great to work with. Will fabricate any hinge you can think of. These are from available stock material. One week from order until delivery.

FB5771CB-238C-4DA4-8D9E-0D2A1EF0E090.jpeg7B19B154-C159-4E7D-90CE-EE9C6E48BAEE.png

Last edited:

BruDogGA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got the hood painted/replaced and the driver's cowl panel painted/replaced. Did some half ass touching up with rattle cans and not done yet. Got my Blue Ox Top installed, but the curtain hasn't been installed yet as I'm moving the rear seat belts for a cleaner look. All new LED lights install except for the BO light which doesn't seem to work (trucklite headlights, brake, and front amber). You experts on here can attest likely that nothing goes as planned with these rigs. And, true to form, the rear LEDs got install and now crap doesn't work. Turn signal doesn't flash on right side on service drive as of today. Yesterday, the turn signal didn't work at all in service drive. Right rear break light didn't have same number markings on wires to match the tags on truck. Posted some before an after photos.

Attachments

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally got the hood painted/replaced and the driver's cowl panel painted/replaced. Did some half ass touching up with rattle cans and not done yet. Got my Blue Ox Top installed, but the curtain hasn't been installed yet as I'm moving the rear seat belts for a cleaner look. All new LED lights install except for the BO light which doesn't seem to work (trucklite headlights, brake, and front amber). You experts on here can attest likely that nothing goes as planned with these rigs. And, true to form, the rear LEDs got install and now crap doesn't work. Turn signal doesn't flash on right side on service drive as of today. Yesterday, the turn signal didn't work at all in service drive. Right rear break light didn't have same number markings on wires to match the tags on truck. Posted some before an after photos.

Nice!!

Mark

thumbs-up-emoji-w11j1jci6edzk8zg.gif

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fitting TwistedMetalWork.com custom made aluminum doors to my 1152A1. These 1/2” thick doors close with a solid clunk like the door of a quality gun safe! Decided to move side mirrors to the doors. So much better. Original placement of mirrors may serve a military purpose, but drove me nuts!

C5900976-7F61-43B9-A6B8-0C3EAAB7314F.jpegF3CD7816-6176-40AB-8E28-B291D72ED21B.jpegFA1F30E2-B8D9-444C-A77F-046D12363D15.jpeg9836F407-A11D-4EB4-96E8-20A73ECAF8AB.jpeg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks