• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More pictures of the doors please! How does the inside look?
Have not yet installed window hardware. Only pic I have of inside. Flat aluminum so far. When ordering doors I
opted for full coverage exterior (X-delete). The “X” design only serves to somewhat stiffen thin aluminum or fiberglass doors.
Stock hinges are temporary. I have 20” continuous hinges for final installation due to weight of 1/2” thick doors. Door jambs at top are next for installation. This is a modified 1114 steel hardtop.

4B286F94-BB1D-4708-ADA6-8EF89E14A424.png18496A7A-0908-43CE-9269-254E70D60FC6.png7D9C3F90-F8BF-466F-8DCB-D2AA6AC6A844.png

Last edited:

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anybody tried stowing the AC Condensor under the cargo bed in place of the Pioneer Tool Set?
Honestly, i thought about buying the under the fender condenser but i wanted to install this and test everything out.
I believe this unit under the cargo bed would be a mess.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a bulkhead on the DuraVee this morning thanks to Beltfed (fleabay) and 86humve who had the missing upper brackets, Mattguy also offered some up but 86humve offered them up first.
Oh yes and the ever understanding ol lady for being my left hand,,, two more weeks:)
IMG_20230226_093006941.jpg
At least now my Altoids will not end up at the tailgate every time I stomp on her :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a bulkhead on the DuraVee this morning thanks to Beltfed (fleabay) and 86humve who had the missing upper brackets, Mattguy also offered some up but 86humve offered them up first.
Oh yes and the ever understanding ol lady for being my left hand,,, two more weeks:)
View attachment 891848
At least now my Altoids will not end up at the tailgate every time I stomp on her
Is Beltfed on steelsoldiers? I've bought quite a few things on fleabay from him. I think he would do much better selling here with all the fees on fleabay.

One more thing if I may add, is it possible to put a parts wanted or for sale section in the corresponding forum for each vehicle?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is Beltfed on steelsoldiers? I've bought quite a few things on fleabay from him. I think he would do much better selling here with all the fees on fleabay.

One more thing if I may add, is it possible to put a parts wanted or for sale section in the corresponding forum for each vehicle?
I think Austin (beltfed) has a system he is comfortable with, he sells more than just military surplus.
He is a very busy guy along with some of his family, they sell 50-60 items a day at times, he is probably a SS member but I doubt he has much time for this sort of thing.
Unfortunately the classifieds are not split into different vehicle types, lead with the vehicle type would probably be the best plan.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 891848
At least now my Altoids will not end up at the tailgate every time I stomp on her :ROFLMAO:
Can this bulkead be installed in a 4 doors, behind the 2nd row seats? I have the base with the floor contour and would be a nice addition to delimit the cargo area.

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can this bulkead be installed in a 4 doors, behind the 2nd row seats? I have the base with the floor contour and would be a nice addition to delimit the cargo area.
Once upon a time we had a guy on here that did a cutdown walk thru..... or maybe another site.... the 4 man is rare and $$$. He did great work, a very accomplished fabricator.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks