• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What have you done to your HMMWV today/lately

kurtvk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Kurtvk, I bought the same Tach and today I went to test some connections and at idle my tach is all over the place upon acceleration ot goes back to around 1K and up as I accelerate. How is yours working? Of course, my connection was through the generator as I have the TD engine and not the NA. Attached is a link to the video. If you can help me understand or if anyone have any ideas I would really appreciate it.

I had the same issue when hooked up to the AC tap on the Generator, it was much better after i hooked up a voltage divider to feed the tach (4 to1 if i remember correct, made with 1 or 2 k resistors). i think the voltage out the Gen was too high for the tach. And you have to set the tach to divide the pulses also. Now, mine is hooked up to the RPM sensor for the ICE Diagnostics connector, much more accurate (1 pulse per rev)

This was my original post....... the pulses are about 30V peak

Last edited:

LeftCoast32

With the help of a friend we hung the West Kentucky X-Doors yesterday. Long day in the heat but they turned out really nice. Next up will be to drive around on them for a few and then take them back off to paint them.

Attachments

G550

Went to look at my first Humvee. Lots to take in but I really liked it. Very visceral and quicker off the line than I expected. It had the old AC system up front and the flat style in back which worked ok on 91 degree muggy day. The second one I looked at had the newer style AC system that runs on top of the 'dash' which I didnt get to drive. Lots of hot air coming in at my feet which Im sure there is a way to reduce that. Seller has some work to do on the one I wanted and well circle back in a week or so. Hopefully the newer style AC system puts out more air than the old style.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks